• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I guess my concern is that he is carrying a gun for self (and family as noted) defense but the food is so good that it over-rides his concern for his family and himself? Just sayin'.....

Seriously, HAVE YOU TRIED THEIR HOTWINGS!
    Venture Surplus ad

SgtBrummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    I guess my concern is that he is carrying a gun for self (and family as noted) defense but the food is so good that it over-rides his concern for his family and himself? Just sayin'.....

The entire post started out a joking statement (thats what the smiley face meant) I don't put hot wings over me or my family. I don't go above and beyond to carry there along with other places. It's not the end of the world. People are reading way more into this than needed. if you want to carry there or anywhere else, go ahead. I chose where I carry, which is pretty much everywhere, and i'm fine with that. This topic has some very good information and I think my post is starting to take away from it. No more responses needed at this point. It's not getting anywhere.

Robmoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Arlington
    I'm "Authorized" by the state of Texas and I have a little card in my wallet to prove it.

My first thought when I see a 30.06 sign is "should I go in?" My second thought is "boy my wife hits the lotto if I get shot in this place!"

Robmoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Arlington
    Thought a liquor store would fall under the 51% rule, or is that just if it is consumed on the premises.

As others have posted on premesis consumption.

FYI the federal law liquer stores post in their windows regarding carrying weapon on premesis has a clause excluding from prosecution those who can lawfully carry ie CHL holders, LEOs ect.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I'm "Authorized" by the state of Texas and I have a little card in my wallet to prove it.

My first thought when I see a 30.06 sign is "should I go in?" My second thought is "boy my wife hits the lotto if I get shot in this place!"

We are all "authorized" by the Second Amendment, but I digress....

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    package store? do you happen to be from massachusetts?

Tried to buy beer from a gas station in Mass one time. The cashier was mortified when we asked where their beer was kept. He said you can't buy beer here, we're right next to the highway. As if that explained why the sky is blue. There's some weird rules out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

FYI the federal law liquer stores post in their windows regarding carrying weapon on premesis has a clause excluding from prosecution those who can lawfully carry ie CHL holders, LEOs ect.

Another expert. You a CHL instructor?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Federal what?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Tried to buy beer from a gas station in Mass one time.
    First time I went to CT I could not find any beer... I wanted to sample something local. Apparently you can only get it at liquor stores and there's only one per every 5 square miles or something like that. I went looking for the liquor store, but never found it. I finally went to a bar, but all they had was the standard crap you can get at any bar. I went back to my hotel entirely beerless...

They have some really odd laws in the new england area.

Robmoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Arlington
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I haven't been able to get to a liquor store to look up the sign. I thought it was a federal law but it is state. This is how I have seen the signs worded:

State law prescribes a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $5,000 for carrying weapons where alcoholic beverages are sold, served, or consumed. Section 61.11, Alcoholic Beverage Code, Article 46.035 (g), Texas Penal Code Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

Here is a cut and paste Section 61.11 of the Alcoholic Beverage Code:

§ 61.11. WARNING SIGN REQUIRED. (a) Each holder of a
    license who is not otherwise required to display a sign under
    Section 411.204, Government Code, shall display in a prominent
    place on the license holder's premises a sign giving notice that it
    is unlawful for a person to carry a weapon on the premises unless
    the weapon is a concealed handgun of the same category the person is
    licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.
    (b) The sign must be at least 6 inches high and 14 inches
    wide, must appear in contrasting colors, and shall be displayed in a
    conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public. The commission or
    administrator may require the holder of the license to also display
    the sign in a language other than English if it can be observed or
    determined that a substantial portion of the expected customers
    speak the other language as their familiar language.

Top Bottom