• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    Hello, I’m going to go look at this M&P and was wondering if it’s a good first gun and also a good conceal carry gun ?
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• IMG_2587.png
      IMG_2587.png
      592.7 KB · Views: 29
    • IMG_2588.png
      IMG_2588.png
      403.2 KB · Views: 29
    • IMG_2589.jpeg
      IMG_2589.jpeg
      209.6 KB · Views: 28

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    M&Ps are generally good to go, though I don't have much personal experience with them. If this is a first gun, I would caution against 40 S&W in a compact gun. It's a bit on the snappy side and the small frame isn't going to help with that. It's manageable and a good round, but probably not the best to start on. 9mm would be a better choice in my opinion, but I will not fault you if you still decide to go with 40 S&W. Size wise, unless you are very small, I don't think you would have an issue concealing that gun. Just make sure to get a quality holster made for your specific gun, not a cheap universal fit one.

I also highly recommend some basic gun safety/shooting training.

You will probably get a lot of comments on the bill of sale requirement, and I'd have to agree with them. There is no legal requirement to do so, and for most on this forum, that requirement would be a deal breaker. There's no legal need for them to retain that info, and whatever liability they think it would shield them from, it won't. At worst, it could conceivably open them up to certain legal liabilities. I'll leave it at that, and hopefully this thread won't devolve into another BOS debate.

Last edited:

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I've always liked my S&W M&P 40 Shield compact. It's easy to conceal, shoots very accurately, and I've never had any issues with a 40 S&W cartridge being "snappy" in the recoil dept.
    I personally won't own a 9mm firearm.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I've always liked my S&W M&P 40 Shield compact. It's easy to conceal, shoots very accurately, and I've never had any issues with a 40 S&W cartridge being "snappy" in the recoil dept.
    I personally won't own a 9mm firearm.
    My wife's first gun was a Kahr 40 s&w. She had the highest score in the class for a carry permit. She thinks a 1911 is too large.

Top Bottom