DK Firearms

Is appendix concealed carry right for you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    I found this....

This isn't entirely true. A found cause of NDs was also a number of handguns going off inside holsters without the users input (Sig P320 is the latest victim here) and people trying to use "multi gun" holsters. It has been known that using a holster designed for "several models" or designed for another model but "it just fit ok anyways" has caused NDs.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    This isn't entirely true. A found cause of NDs was also a number of handguns going off inside holsters without the users input (Sig P320 is the latest victim here) and people trying to use "multi gun" holsters. It has been known that using a holster designed for "several models" or designed for another model but "it just fit ok anyways" has caused NDs.
    Thanks for your input. I was just posting this to show what can happen if a person is careless when drawing or holstering a gun. I pays to practice and use the right holster.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas

AIWB carry has been in vogue with pros for a hot minute, and it can be very fast if you practice.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    "What is Massad Ayoob opinion about Appendix Carry. Mas lists the pros and cons of carrying AIWB. He looks at the balance of speed, comfort and safety. Mas give you all the info. It is up to you if you want to carry appendix."

And who is Massad Ayoob;
    Massad Ayoob has been handgun editor of GUNS magazine and law enforcement columnist for AMERICAN HANDGUNNER since the 1970s and has published thousands of articles in gun magazines, martial arts publications, and law enforcement journals. He is the author of some twenty books on firearms, self-defense, and related topics, including “In the Gravest Extreme” and “Deadly Force,” widely considered to be authoritative texts on the topic of the use of lethal force. [IMO he is entitled to an opinion on this subject.]

BTW: elsewhere on this forum are discussions of all types of other holsters for concealed carry so find one that's best for you. There is even one on recommended belts better suited for carrying a gun.

From the Tier 1 Concealed channel are some tips for wearing appendix style holster/gun. They demo sitting down/standing up, getting into/out of car with bucket seats, picking up objects, and going nr. 1 in men's room (safe for children;):welcome:). Ladies you will have to find another video resource for your appendix carry tips. This on is just three dudes explaining what they know best.

And a bonus feature video; Appendix Carry for Fat Guys (Part I). If you want more search the channel to find Part II.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Not even going to watch that vid. The thumbnail shows him in a ground fight, on his back, with the attacker on top of him. At that moment it matters **** all where the firearm is.

Im no fan of dik carry but I can make a Volvo look unsafe if I park it on railroad tracks.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Some of us appendix carry because our ruined shoulder joints don't allow 4'oclock carry.

OK, then why don't you 'shoulder holster' carry?

Because (in my case) my ruined back won't allow it...in fact, I recently had spinal surgery (2nd time) and almost any amount of extra weight on top can't be tolerated.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Some of us appendix carry because our ruined shoulder joints don't allow 4'oclock carry.

OK, then why don't you 'shoulder holster' carry?

Because (in my case) my ruined back won't allow it...in fact, I recently had spinal surgery (2nd time) and almost any amount of extra weight on top can't be tolerated.

Yeah man, it’s a personal choice for each of us. You do you and take care of yours. Don’t worry about YouTube videos where someone stacks the deck.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Not even going to watch that vid. The thumbnail shows him in a ground fight, on his back, with the attacker on top of him. At that moment it matters **** all where the firearm is.

Im no fan of dik carry but I can make a Volvo look unsafe if I park it on railroad tracks.

Good point about channel's thumbnail photo.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    And reason(s) to not appendix carry;

Some topics are just endless back and forth of who likes/dislikes their favorite; chili with or without beans, BBQ ribs pork or beef, hammer fired vs. striker fired pistol, Dallas Cowboys in playoffs again (1/14/2024) vs. any opposing team. :rocket: :crash::whip:;):popcorn:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I have been carrying strong side OWB for decades, but find this topic interesting with the strong opinions voiced here and on social media. Back in the last century the handguns and holsters for carrying concealed were limited. More states now allow concealed/open carry creating market opportunities. The responsible and lawful gun owner has lots of options on guns/gear/wardrobe etc. especially for women.

Top Bottom