• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Most of us have wondered, and perhaps hoped, that law enforcement would stand up for the individual and our rights under the Constitution. Maybe we were wrong. This article and videos aren't representavive of every LEO, but they're enough to make me think that they are more worried about their paycheck than protecting the rights of the public.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/04/29/828354/
    Gun Zone Deals

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Not all cops are bad apples. It's probably only a small fraction. The problem is that the rest of the cops seem to just go along with the bad ones, or cover for them.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Not all cops are bad apples. It's probably only a small fraction. The problem is that the rest of the cops seem to just go along with the bad ones, or cover for them.

It’s not about being a bad apple.

It’s about having the integrity to not enforce unconstitutional policies on citizens you swore and oath to defend and protect and any cop who doesn’t do the wrong thing, but covers for other who do, is just as guilty.

Our government and police were faced with a test on our civil liberties and rights and 90% of all of them across the country just got an F on the exam.

Damn shame, but now at least we know who we’re dealing with.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Our father taught us growing up, that seeing or knowing someone was doing something wrong, and not saying, or doing something about it, made you just as guilty as the person who did the wrong. And that sometimes, doing the right thing was not always the easy thing to do.

I still adhere to that to this day. It may, and has cost me, but it's price I'm willing to pay, to not be ashamed of the person looking back at me in the mirror.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Most of us have wondered, and perhaps hoped, that law enforcement would stand up for the individual and our rights under the Constitution. Maybe we were wrong. This article and videos aren't representavive of every LEO, but they're enough to make me think that they are more worried about their paycheck than protecting the rights of the public.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/04/29/828354/

I have never expected LE to stand up for the individual or the Constitution. There is a reason the fourth, fifth, sixth, and eight amendments exist. Think about that for a second; our founding father spent 40% of the Bill of Rights restricting government power to protect individual liberty.

They didn’t do that for no good reason; they had experienced living under tyranny despite four hundred years’ history of basic rights guaranteed by the Magna Carta.

Politicians, who run governments, forget their power is derived from a social contract with the public, and law enforcement officers and agencies don’t work for the public, they effect the will of government on the public.

I say this knowing good and well there are good And bad apples LEOs and agencies; there are aspirationalists, and there are bullies. But in the end, they’re paid to do a specific job.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It seems to me, that "protect and serve" doesn't have the same meaning it had in the past.
    LE is suppose to enforce the laws. Those laws are in effect, those as a society, we have determined what is acceptable behavior, and what isn't. Their job is to act on the behalf of the community and represent the interests of the community.
    Through our taxes, which pay their salaries and helps provide for their equipment to do their job, they work for us.

Working for any private entity or company, and being in conflict with with the community, is wrong. I see that as very poor representation of the community that they work for. That isn't protecting and serving the interests of the community.

If that police chief is an appointed, or hired position, then it was done by the approval of the city council. The citizens need to be raising the issue during city council meetings. If the position is an elected one, then the voters should be addressing this publicly and by voting him out.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Why on earth was the chief photographing people and cars? Looks like intimidation to me. If so, wholly unacceptable and there should be repercussions.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Our father taught us growing up, that seeing or knowing someone was doing something wrong, and not saying, or doing something about it, made you just as guilty as the person who did the wrong. And that sometimes, doing the right thing was not always the easy thing to do.

I still adhere to that to this day. It may, and has cost me, but it's price I'm willing to pay, to not be ashamed of the person looking back at me in the mirror.
    My parents taught us that watching someone do the wrong thing and not standing up not only meant you are complicit in their actions but were to cowardly to openly to say so or do something about it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    That clip in the article where they're harassing the mother for letting her kid play at a friend's house, mad my ****'n chin hit the floor. This is like some sketch comedy shit! This type of shit was just a joke, not so long ago! These doofuses are legitimately PISSED OFF that this lady DARE let her friend go to the neighbor's house?!

Gentlemen... The days of taking it in the ass are long gone. We've officially been cummed in.

This is how serious this shit is. I was at my FFL's house talking to some vet who was WILLINGLY moving BACK to California, just because he got a LEO job offer. So...

1. He's WILLINGLY moving back behind enemy lines.
    2. He said he had plenty of time to find job elsewhere but was fine because at least he was gonna be a LEO, so he can own pretty much what he wanted.
    3. He chose a job, in a state, where he would be a jack boot, enforcing tyrannical laws. Again, because as long as he could have what he wanted, he didn't care.

SO, the whole time, this guy is swearing he hates CA laws and it's wrong and tyranny and blah blah blah... So I ask him, "when your superiors in CA ask you to go pick up the guns, are you going to do it", to which he responded "no way". So I say, "ok ok, really put yourself in that situation. On one hand, you're a vet who believes in the second and loves our country and our freedoms, but on the other hand you have a kid and if you don't do this, you may have to find another, possibly less desirable job. What are you going to do? Your family has to eat, right?"

Him: "Damn, I guess I'd confiscate guns."

I have this hypothetical conversation with LEOs all the time and each time they cave just to the THOUGHT of repercussions of not taking part in gun confiscation. So imagine when they're actually faced with it.

In my opinion, it's going to take a minute percentage of cops to stand up against these tyrannical "orders", and ONLY after that, other cops will feel secure enough to follow suit. However, that won't happen fast enough for us to keep our guns, peacefully. I absolutely believe that there is ZERO way out of the coming tyranny, without resorting to full on WAR.

Sucks, I know. Most LEOs are God fearing, people loving, sacrificing men and women and I respect them immensely. It takes a special person to throw their family's financial security under the buss for the principles in the constitution, and most people wouldn't do that. People tend to be followers more than leaders, and THAT IS WHY we NEED every last man and woman who WILL stand up, TO stand up, so the herd will follow suit.

The question is, will they act fast enough? AH SHIT I JUST RANTED AGAIN!

Top Bottom