• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    I recently resolved to carry more often, even if it's just an LCP Max, so I ordered a nice little IWB kydex holster from CYA Supply in San Antonio. I am wearing it around the house today just to see how it feels (the Ruger arrives Monday) and it is pretty comfortable, not too noticeable BUT I can feel my skin wanting to stick to the Kydex just a little bit. Since I gave up wearing undershirts back when Nixon was president, is this something y'all just get used to or are there some tricks to make the kydex/skin contact a bit more comfortable? It occurred to me that a small piece of soft suede leather glued to the skin-side edge of the holster where it rides above my belt/shorts line might be a daisy.
    Gun Zone Deals

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I'm lucky and don't have to take any extra steps, but it's common to do the suede/cloth thing for many of my friends who carry appendix.
    One of my friends uses a bit of anti-perspirant. Many got used to it and do nothing. Some deal with a bit of sweat. One friend thinks kydex is freezing, and actually put some neoprene on the skin-side to keep him warm. To each their own.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Dude, I have a brand-new Kydex holster and am not about to buy another holster. Also, I am not about to start wearing undershirts, short-sleeve dress shirts with bow ties and pocket protectors carrying mechanical pencils and slide rule. Sabe? :laughing:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Dude, I have a brand-new Kydex holster and am not about to buy another holster. Also, I am not about to start wearing undershirts, short-sleeve dress shirts with bow ties and pocket protectors carrying mechanical pencils and slide rule. Sabe? :laughing:
    My slide rule works as well today as it did over 50 years ago, can't say that for the calculators I've owned. :roflsmile:

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Tnhawk, I went to grade school and junior high in Tacoma, Washington, and a lot of the kids' dads were Boeing engineers -- with pocket protectors and slide rules. I learned to respect them highly, because their sons always showed up with the most incredible, aerodynamic, kick-ass cars for the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. My clunky beasts never had a chance! :laughing:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I won't wear an IWB, but a few things I've seen work for folks are, something like the "claw" option they have. Putting a piece of "moleskin" on the affected areas of the holster. Boxer shorts, as was mentioned, or a variation in clothing, thicker, thinner, longer, shorter, etc. . Or differing the carry position to allow different placement along the waist.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    When I first started carrying a little over 10 years ago, I used a "fabric-ish" (think Stickyholster with a metal clip) IWB holster and I scoffed at Kydex thinking it was going to be uncomfortable with some of the kydex touching my skin, but I finally caved and bought one about 6 or 7 years ago. I was totally wrong. Feels fine and now I would never use anything else.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

If you don't start wearing a wife-beater under your Hawaiian shirt, cargo pants, and shave your head while you let your goatee grow out, then you're doing nothing but getting kilt in da streetz.....

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I used a thin smear of Shoe Goo (Walmart shoe dept, used to glue soles back in place) to glue a piece of 2mm neoprene to a no-name IWB holster for a Ruger LC9S. I mounted it with the slick finished side glued to the holster. After it cured, I trimmed it up with a razor. The holster went from intolerable to invisible; no sharp edges, no sticking, no sweaty film. Plus it goes through the washer without trouble if I manage to funk it up with sweat.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Can iwb all day. Dosent bother me. Only at work when I might have to bend or stretch and cause a reveal do I not do it.
    But pocket carry is my go to

Top Bottom