• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    WTF? What would the judge have done if he didn't own any pants?
    I would tell them I'm a pool guy and only wear shorts for work. Ir i could wear a nine inch nails shirt that says too fucked up to care anymore. Judges dont like profanity... But that might get me on the judges spreadsheet :-D
    DK Firearms

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This is technically a suit...

ACDC-guitarist-Angus-Youn-001.jpg

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Just an update for MY jury duty experience. Showed up today in Williamson County along with a WHOLE bunch of people. With way more than they needed after one case settled, they asked if anyone had a hardship that would necessitate their skipping out(honor system). Quite a few folks stood up and after a head count, they were excused. Seems they had 5 cases on the docket and three ended up settling. They called two groups for the trials scheduled for Wednesday and told the rest of us to hit the road. $6 is the going rate if you aren't actually called. Many of us donated that money to the Children's Fund or Victims' Fund on the way out.

With DW gone each day from 8-8, I didn't look forward to being tied up all day(new rescue pup at home); but I was prepared to serve if called. Counting Fulton County(Atlanta), GA and here, I am now "0 for 6" on Jury Duty. ;)

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm one of those rare people that think critically and judge based on actions and evidence. In a meth case show ne the booking photo.

Dismissed.

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    I sat on a jury once, at the time I was a LEO, it was a Civil trial that lasted a month and was a long complicated trial where a woman was suing her bank. She lost.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I was picked and also the foreman on a trial about 5 years ago. Grandpa was accused of sexually abusing his 3yo and 5yo grandchildren. A lot of odd circumstances - English was not the family's 1st language, 1/2 the family including people called by the prosecution were convicted felons, the kids mother/grandmother seemed to have their heads buried in the sand, a biker gang was hanging out on the last day of testimony, a lot of conflict in that family, etc. When we went back I asked if anyone had questions and we reviewed the guidelines. I then asked if they felt comfortable doing a raised hand count versus pieces of paper in a hat - everyone agreed to a hand count. We convicted him and signed all the paperwork in under 30 minutes.

Sentencing was heartbreaking. Kids were now 5 and 7, they gave statements. At this phase we find out grandpa had been convicted 20 years early for sexual abuse in the family and since we was still on parole for that offense, he was going bye-bye for good.

Decision was easy but during jury selection everyone could tell what type of case this would be. 5 days of listening to that case just screws with you.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    They picked two Jury's from the pool........

I was not selected.........

Does anyone know Officer X,Y or Z?

When you know all the cops in town and have worked on their guns and sold them guns.......

The Defense doesn't want me.....

Top Bottom