• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AARguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Does anyone have any experience with the Kel Tec P50? We are looking to buy one at or near the MSRP of $950, but they seem to be hard to find and are going for much higher prices. Does anyone have any comments, recommendations or ideas where we can get one at or near the MSRP?
    Gun Zone Deals

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I see several on gunbroker.com that are at or under that MSRP, on auctions ending today...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Does anyone have any experience with the Kel Tec P50? We are looking to buy one at or near the MSRP of $950, but they seem to be hard to find and are going for much higher prices. Does anyone have any comments, recommendations or ideas where we can get one at or near the MSRP?

Welcome to the Forum!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just bought one from gunbroker. Near MSRP. $1100. Waited on a reservation for 6 months which never happened. Getting refund of the deposit. Bought one as soon as I found one that wasn't skyrocket high.They are hard to find in stock and near MSRP. I bought the magazines (6 FN P90 mags) first and then ammo waiting for 6 months for the reserved one to come in. Get those now while you are waiting.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Bought a Votatu H3L-G Green Laser Sight, Ultra Low Profile Picatinny Mount Green Dot Sight, Magnetic USB Rechargeable and Ambidextrous Control and OLIGHT PL-Pro Valkyrie 1500 Lumens Rechargeable Weapon light Rail Mount Tactical Flashlight with Strobe to go with it. Should be in tomorrow! Red dot. green laser and white light. All setup for play time. Going to be looking for some of that 198LF next. White light under barrel and the other two on top rail.

Amazon product ASIN B076H2P916
    Amazon product ASIN B099NT17XY
    Amazon product ASIN B07RNJZBF3

AARguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Just my two cents...
    - I'd never put a flashlight on any of my guns. Its a bright beacon in the night telling the bad guy to "AIM HERE!"
    - My next expenditures will be on silencesr. Here in Texas, silencers MADE IN TEXAS are not subject to ATF regulation. The feds are planning to cancel the FFL of anyone that sells a silencer without ATF regulation. Shops that sell silencers but not guns are cropping up all over so they can do so without federal reprisal.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Just my two cents...
    - I'd never put a flashlight on any of my guns. Its a bright beacon in the night telling the bad guy to "AIM HERE!"
    - My next expenditures will be on silencesr. Here in Texas, silencers MADE IN TEXAS are not subject to ATF regulation. The feds are planning to cancel the FFL of anyone that sells a silencer without ATF regulation. Shops that sell silencers but not guns are cropping up all over so they can do so without federal reprisal.
    #1. Flashlight good.
    #2. Good luck with that TX suppressor. I hope you've got a big piggy bank to take it to court. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Flashlight and laser both have switches to turn them off and on. When needed they are nice to have. Besides it is a toy for me, not a defensive carry weapon. I have other guns for that. Glock 26 with a 19 magazine and iron sights (plastic). I have a suppressor for it.

AARguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    If I want light, I'll go to the wall switch. Being a beacon for the enemy =bad.

The suppressor thing is already law here in Texas. When the blue states declared themselves "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants, they set the precedent for Texas gun laws. Its a clear precedent that says states will do what they want. We see it now in states rejecting federal China Virus mandates, Texas protecting borders that the feds won't, Texas bringing home our National Guard from DC before they were released by the feds, many states rejecting Critical Race Theory in the classrooms, Oklahoma National Guard rejecting federal vaccine mandate... and so much more.

Gun shops around here are hesitant to sell Texas suppressors because they could lose their FFL. But many new businesses that don't actually sell guns will set you up with a suppressor and do the necessary gunsmithing. Tens of thousands of Texans will have suppressors before the feds figure a way to stop it. And simply pointing to equal protection under the law ... immigration sanctuary and 2d amendment sanctuary... will take so long to sort out my grandkids will have what they want before binding decisions are made.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Assume they cut power to your building. No switch will bring you what you want. A light properly used is a good thing. You don't turn them on and just walk around shining them anywhere like an idiot.

Jump out there then and be the first trial case (silencers). I predict almost no one will buy any if/until it is decided in the federal courts.

AARguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Assume they cut power to your building. No switch will bring you what you want. A light properly used is a good thing. You don't turn them on and just walk around shining them anywhere like an idiot.

Jump out there then and be the first trial case (silencers). I predict almost no one will buy any if/until it is decided in the federal courts.
    Nothing will happen in the federal courts, any more than "sanctuary cities" concerning immigration happened. Mirror images. Places here are already selling silencers under the new law which took effect in Texas 1 Sep.

And let me clarify the light thing. If I ma in my bedroom and someone breaks in I'd turn on the light (we have a GENERAC). If its more of a combat situation, I'd NEVER turn on ANY light. If you don't want to get shot, you maximize cover and concealment, you don't flash a light around for the bad guys to see. That's what I was taught in the Army and my combat experience validated it.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I was taught to always have a light and a knife. Up to you to choose when or if to use it. Kind of like having a gun. Better to have one and not need it then need one and not have it.

I know the law has changed on suppressors, doesn't mean the Federal government won't come get you. Even if Texas says it is okay. Feel free to do what you want. I have mine already and they are State approved and Federally stamped. So I won't be buying any more.

But like I said, this isn't really for self defense unless it just happens to be handy. It is meant for an interesting toy (so to speak). I already have self defense weapons at my disposal.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Texas only suppressors without a stamp. Sounds like a great way to get yourself caught up in an ATF sting and a Federal felony on your record.

Might I suggest reading up on the law that was passed?

HB 957 simply removes the threat of state-level prosecution for unregistered suppressor manufacturing, sales, and/or possession. It does not provide any level of immunity from federal-level prosecution.

In this regard, it is very similar to state marijuana laws. While it may be legal under state law, it can still be prosecuted under federal law. In fact, it was this precedent that spurred the introduction of the bill by Representative Tom Oliverson in the first place. “You just sort of saw crickets from the federal government on the [marijuana] issue,” he said.

I would not bet one red cent on the Feds, especially under this administration, turning a blind eye to civil disobedience when it comes to Federal firearms laws like they are pot. That's a dangerous and expensive game.

Last edited:

AARguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Texas only suppressors without a stamp. Sounds like a great way to get yourself caught up in an ATF sting and a Federal felony on your record.

Might I suggest reading up on the law that was passed?

I would not bet one red cent on the Feds, especially under this administration, turning a blind eye to civil disobedience when it comes to Federal firearms laws like they are pot. That's a dangerous and expensive game.
    In reference to Texas House Bill HB 957, passed by the legislature and signed by the governor:

“It establishes and legalizes a class of made-in-Texas suppressors that must be manufactured and/or sold within the state from Texas-made parts. The silencer must be stamped “Made In Texas” and must remain in the state. It would then be exempt from NFA regulation. That means no forms, background checks, $200 tax stamps or year-long waits for government permission.”

(The Truth About guns.com)

From HB 957:

Sec. 2.052. NOT SUBJECT TO FEDERAL REGULATION. (a) A firearm suppressor that is manufactured in this state and remains in this state is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce.

(b) A basic material from which a firearm suppressor is manufactured in this state, including unmachined steel, is not a firearm suppressor and is not subject to federal regulation under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce as if it actually were a firearm suppressor.

Sec. 2.053. MARKETING OF FIREARM SUPPRESSOR. A firearm suppressor manufactured and sold in this state must have the words “Made in Texas” clearly stamped on it.

Sec. 2.054. ATTORNEY GENERAL. On written notification to the attorney general by a United States citizen who resides in this state of the citizen’s intent to manufacture a firearm suppressor to which Section 2.052 applies, the attorney general shall seek a declaratory judgment from a federal district court in this state that Section 2.052 is consistent with the United States Constitution.

Further…

HB 957 prevents Texas state resources from being allowed to enforce the federal National Firearms Act with respect to silencers, suppressors, or gun mufflers. If any Texas official aids in the enforcement of the NFA in regards to suppressors, they are subject to losing any grant funds from the state for the following fiscal year.

From HB 957:

Sec. 2.103. STATE GRANT FUNDS. (a) An entity described by Section 2.101 may not receive state grant funds if the entity adopts a rule, order, ordinance, or policy under which the entity enforces a federal law described by Section 2.102(a) or, by consistent action, allows the enforcement of a federal law described by Section 2.102(a).

(b) State grant funds for the entity shall be denied for the fiscal year following the year in which a final judicial determination in an action brought under this subchapter is made that the entity has violated Section 2.102(a).

Essentially, the new law incentivizes state-level law enforcement to disregard compliance with the NFA if they want to keep their funding intact. This means that the likelihood of Texas residents being pursued by Texas law enforcement for NFA violations is now slim to none, but it doesn’t mean that people are immune to NFA violations on a federal level.

This is EXACTLY what states did with regard to marijuana. They legalized it while the federal government did not. In effect, however, marijuana became legal. When was the last time you heard of federal officials arresting anyone for marijuana in a state which had “legalized” it? Yeah… I can’t think of a single instance either.

“Sanctuary cities” which ignore federal immigration laws have set the same precedent.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Tell me you didn't bother reading the link without telling me you didn't bother reading the link.

You should really read what you're quoting:

That last part is really important. Before you run out and make yourself a can out of an oil filter and then post it on Instabook for all the world to see, STOP. If signed into law, this is still going to have to go through the federal courts.

You may remember the situation a couple of Kansans found themselves in after their state passed something called the Kansas Second Amendment Protection Act. A retailer there then began selling unregistered suppressors. He, along with one of his customers, was arrested by the ATF, prosecuted and convicted. They appealed to the Supreme Court, but were denied cert.

DON’T BE LIKE THOSE KANSANS.

People who know much more about both of these laws than we do tell us that the Texas bill is far different from what passed in Kansas and will provide the basis for a very good argument for excluding Texas-made suppressors from NFA regulation. That said, the process still needs to play out and be decided in the federal court system. In the mean time, don’t do anything stupid.

So, again. Plan on spending a lot of money and risk your loss of freedom because the Feds would just love to make an example out of people in Texas.

Another article worth reading. Legal analysis from a supposed lawyer.

This law is political and legal posturing. And hopefully a legal implement in a very long game. It's not a permission slip to go start drilling end caps in your garage. Or buying from somebody that is.

The Feds have absolutely no problem going after gun owners. Guns are not Jazz cabbage. The Feds have made it quite clear they despise legal gun ownership.

Of course, proceed at your own risk, but handing out bad advise on this forum like candy is not wise and quite misleading. Don't pull the surprised Pikachu face when you're brought before a Federal magistrate.

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If I want light, I'll go to the wall switch. Being a beacon for the enemy =bad.

The suppressor thing is already law here in Texas. When the blue states declared themselves "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants, they set the precedent for Texas gun laws. Its a clear precedent that says states will do what they want. We see it now in states rejecting federal China Virus mandates, Texas protecting borders that the feds won't, Texas bringing home our National Guard from DC before they were released by the feds, many states rejecting Critical Race Theory in the classrooms, Oklahoma National Guard rejecting federal vaccine mandate... and so much more.

Gun shops around here are hesitant to sell Texas suppressors because they could lose their FFL. But many new businesses that don't actually sell guns will set you up with a suppressor and do the necessary gunsmithing. Tens of thousands of Texans will have suppressors before the feds figure a way to stop it. And simply pointing to equal protection under the law ... immigration sanctuary and 2d amendment sanctuary... will take so long to sort out my grandkids will have what they want before binding decisions are made.
    If you do not know how to use a weapon light, get training. Weapon lights are not constantly on. They are used to quickly ID targets to ensure you do not shoot an innocent. When you press that light, you will have at the very least several hundred lumens of light on a person, and that that point the gun is pointed at them too.

It is not a flashlight to help you walk around in the dark

Top Bottom