• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston

Saw this posted on another forum. $90/1k with no shipping and hazmat today. Have not used these primers before but if someone is looking for LRP it may be worth a shot
    Capitol Armory ad

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I came to the forum just now to grip about ginex primers. They're cheap and usually available at American reloading so I bought 5k small pistol.

Almost every primer is the wrong way. No wonder they're cheap! But seriously though, I've heard a lot of good things about them. I just wish they were in the trays the right way. E

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    A note about my previous post:

So my wife walked by and pushed the "E" button on my phone right as I pushed the send button. So now there's a random "E" at the end of my post. I could have edited it but it brought her great joy so I'm go na leave it there.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Talking with her BIL yesterday, thought I'd invent a 'mute' button for gals. He said he'd definitely give me some seed capital.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Within the last week, a local retailer sent their email list an announcement they had received a shipment of CCI large rifle primers.

I assume they were all gone the next day. :)

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    A guy who does commercial reloading in Dallas just posted on the THF that he received some of these new primers from this Arkansas outfit.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I came to the forum just now to grip about ginex primers. They're cheap and usually available at American reloading so I bought 5k small pistol.

Almost every primer is the wrong way. No wonder they're cheap! But seriously though, I've heard a lot of good things about them. I just wish they were in the trays the right way. E

Get you a flip tray! Especially handy with federal primers where the box holds them sideways.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Get you a flip tray! Especially handy with federal primers where the box holds them sideways.
    It's one of those lee primer trays where "you just shake it and all the primers magically line up the right direction"

Total bs. I have it down where I can get 75+ percent the right way but that's about the max. I actually found a second primer tray I. My drawer as well so I can load up 2 trays and have them ready. It's slightly.less aggravating that way.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston

This is the flip tray I use and works pretty well. Only occassionaly get 1 or 2 primers that don't flip immediately if stuck in a group in the corner. Either shake a few more times or just flip those 1 or 2 by hand

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse

This is the flip tray I use and works pretty well. Only occassionaly get 1 or 2 primers that don't flip immediately if stuck in a group in the corner. Either shake a few more times or just flip those 1 or 2 by hand
    That one won't fit on my press though. I have to use the stupid triangle one from lee.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    A guy who does commercial reloading in Dallas just posted on the THF that he received some of these new primers from this Arkansas outfit.
    Looks like they don't sell to the public...
    Wonder what their minimum is?
    Get some friends in your area to go in on a 'group buy'.
    I know, 'Group buys' are like group sex, everybody gets screwed...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It's one of those lee primer trays where "you just shake it and all the primers magically line up the right direction"

Total bs. I have it down where I can get 75+ percent the right way but that's about the max. I actually found a second primer tray I. My drawer as well so I can load up 2 trays and have them ready. It's slightly.less aggravating that way.

if you’re using the Lee safety prime to flip the primers then that’s definitely a pain. That priming system is all around garbage in my
    Opinion. Not sure why they went away from the circular ones. I use the RCBS one linked in post 58.you may be able to flip them on that and transfer it to the Lee primer, but not certain how much that would help if you’re having to flip them again, or if it’s worth it to you to deal with the extra stuff.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I know it may not work for every situation but I quit worrying about flipping primers. After I dump them I pick up the "upside down" primers with my pick up tube then put the lid on and flip the rest.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Can't speak for the Lee safety prime, but I have been using a Lee Auto Prime tool for at least 20 years and it has given me fabulous service, with the primer flipping feature taking just a few seconds to orient them all.

Top Bottom