• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

After a LONG wait, I have finally made the deal for a 54"/13.5 hand PAINT JACK that will breed both mares & jennets.
    He will SOON be standing at stud in Bexar & Hayes County, TX.
    ("Goliad" is a LOUD colored combination of light cream & rich "Hershey bar" chocolate brown.)

TGT members discounted price: 100.oo per equine or trade for things that go "BANG".

IF you want your mare/jennet bred by a PAINT Jack, I'm now taking 25 reservations for jack service until 01AUG21.
    (First come, first served.)

yours, satx
    San Antonio 78208

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Not what I expected from the title! Congratulations. Let’s see some pics of the new guy.

ronr68,

WILCO. = Fyi, he is BEAUTIFUL & has a FAST walk, trot, a BUTTER SMOOTH canter & "throws color", too.

FYI, "colorful" Jacks like "GOLIAD" are FEW & FAR BETWEEN.
    ("Color me LUCKY" to finally make the deal.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Wolfwood,

THANKS.

Also look for another NEW ad for TB stud service here. = a 2006 SON of STORM CAT & grandson of the mighty SECRETARIAT.
    (He will be standing at stud on our Hill Country farm in HAYS COUNTY, TX.)

IMO, there is NO BETTER sprinting blood than STORM CAT's. - Period. End of story.

Stallion service to TGT members only: 1000.oo to TB & QH mares.

yours, satx
    San Antonio, 78208

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    AS old horse traders always say; gentle broke, easy to ride and ALL the COLOR in the world.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    AS old horse traders always say; gentle broke, easy to ride and ALL the COLOR in the world.

1911's 4 Me,

AGREED 100%.

But I'm NOT selling horses/donkeys/mules. = Just STUD SERVICE.

Fwiw, I seriously doubt that anybody on TGT could afford the TB stallion that will be Standing at Stud on our farm. = DON GATO sold for 104,000.oo as a yearling at the KEENELAND AUCTION in 2007.
    (Frankly, I don't know what the actual syndicate would sell him for IF he was for sale. = IF he was for sale, I would GUESS his fair market value at something between 250-500 thousand dollars.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I was just saying what I've heard many traders say before.

1911's 4 Me,

UNDERSTOOD.

FYI, I actually own GOLIAD but I don't have the kind of money that it would cost to buy DON GATO, IF the owners would actually sell him,

yours, satx

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I was just saying what I've heard many traders say before.
    Spent a lot of time among the Amish when I was contracting to Marathon in Ohio. We became friends, first name and going places together, with a gentleman and his wife. Looks can be deceiving. They owned two racehorse farms, raised, trained and fitted harness racing horses. They had yearlings selling for north of $75,000, not thoroughbred prices but still a good chunk of change. He and I liked to go to the monthly buggy horse auction where dealers would bring in mainly ex-track horses to sell to the Amish for buggy use. They had terms too: Lady's Horse(probably couldn't make him move quickly with a gun, definitely bombproof), Boy's horse (somewhat broken, fast as the devil), Family horse (safe as long as dad drove him), my favorite Horseman's Horse (not broke for anything but racing and might never be). Coming off the track, they were sleek and beautiful to watch go up and down the alleyway. My friend knew horses, his personal buggy horse had trotted a mile in less than 2 minutes during her time on the track. They became far more fond of our pickup and our suburban though which they referred to as "our horse" for our travels as we went to auctions, dinners, benefits, etc. Just another kind of horse story.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Unfortunately, there is a shelf life on horses, and he's already 15 years old.

ETA: Although "Assault" lived till almost 30.

ZX9RCAM,

15 is NOT old for a stallion.

Also, The Jockey Club is "considering' allowing AI for TB mares.

QH are already reproduced using AI. = For example, IF you want to have a REAL foal sired by STORM CAT ("The Cat" has been gone for quite a while now.), you can do that for (the last I heard) 15,000.oo to breed a QH mare, with a "Live foal" guarantee.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Spent a lot of time among the Amish when I was contracting to Marathon in Ohio. We became friends, first name and going places together, with a gentleman and his wife. Looks can be deceiving. They owned two racehorse farms, raised, trained and fitted harness racing horses. They had yearlings selling for north of $75,000, not thoroughbred prices but still a good chunk of change. He and I liked to go to the monthly buggy horse auction where dealers would bring in mainly ex-track horses to sell to the Amish for buggy use. They had terms too: Lady's Horse(probably couldn't make him move quickly with a gun, definitely bombproof), Boy's horse (somewhat broken, fast as the devil), Family horse (safe as long as dad drove him), my favorite Horseman's Horse (not broke for anything but racing and might never be). Coming off the track, they were sleek and beautiful to watch go up and down the alleyway. My friend knew horses, his personal buggy horse had trotted a mile in less than 2 minutes during her time on the track. They became far more fond of our pickup and our suburban though which they referred to as "our horse" for our travels as we went to auctions, dinners, benefits, etc. Just another kind of horse story.

cygunner,

I too have a LOT of friends among the Amish in MD.

Both my harness-maker & my former horse trainer were "house Amish", when I lived in MD.
    (Sadly, both passed away in the last 3 years. = Christian Schwary of just plain old age & Yuri Chup by a massive stroke.)

And YES both liked me taking them places in my PU.
    (Truthfully, I was always amused at all the places that Christian wanted me to drive him. = Every time that I visited the farm, he had a "mental list" of all the errands that he needed to run.)

Note: By 1985 my beloved late wife had passed away & Christian's wife, Rachel, always had a "young widow with a good farm", that she wanted me to meet.

NICE MEMORIES. - I miss all of my Amish friends in MD.

yours, satx

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    cygunner,

I too have a LOT of friends among the Amish in MD.

Both my harness-maker & my former horse trainer were "house Amish", when I lived in MD.
    (Sadly, both passed away in the last 3 years. = Christian Schwary of just plain old age & Yuri Chup by a massive stroke.)

And YES both liked me taking them places in my PU.
    (Truthfully, I was always amused at all the places that Christian wanted me to drive him. = Every time that I visited the farm, he had a "mental list" of all the errands that he needed to run.)

Note: By 1985 my beloved late wife had passed away & Christian's wife, Rachel, always had a "young widow with a good farm", that she wanted me to meet.

NICE MEMORIES. - I miss all of my Amish friends in MD.

yours, satx
    We miss ours in Ohio (largest colony of Amish in Western Hemisphere) and correspond a few times a year. He is in his late 80's and works in a buggy wheel factory a few days a week.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    1911's 4 Me,

AGREED 100%.

But I'm NOT selling horses/donkeys/mules. = Just STUD SERVICE.

Fwiw, I seriously doubt that anybody on TGT could afford the TB stallion that will be Standing at Stud on our farm. = DON GATO sold for 104,000.oo as a yearling at the KEENELAND AUCTION in 2007.
    (Frankly, I don't know what the actual syndicate would sell him for IF he was for sale. = IF he was for sale, I would GUESS his fair market value at something between 250-500 thousand dollars.)

yours, satx
    Any one thinking about the services of the TB stud really needs to do a bit of research before you part with 1000.00.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

mongoose,

AGREED 100% on researching DON GATO's "5 generation" pedigree. - It's easily available on the WWW.
    (IMO, the PINK/bottom/dam's side is as impressive as the BLUE/top/sire's side of his ancestry,)

TO ALL: I do NOT own the stallion. I'm just the owner's agent.
    I want anyone/everyone who wants to pay for stud service to be PLEASED.

yours, satx

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    mongoose,

AGREED 100% on researching DON GATO's "5 generation" pedigree. - It's easily available on the WWW.
    (IMO, the PINK/bottom/dam's side is as impressive as the BLUE/top/sire's side of his ancestry,)

TO ALL: I do NOT own the stallion. I'm just the owner's agent.
    I want anyone/everyone who wants to pay for stud service to be PLEASED.

yours, satx
    You need to quit focusing on the pedigree and look at things like racing record and gets racing results. I agree the Dam’s Sire is much more impressive than having Secretariat in the top side.....I would put more emphasis on having Mr. Prospector in your pedigree.

Top Bottom