• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Saw this posted over on the "The Firearm Blog" and thought you guys might want to advance any planned future purchases with them.

The Firearm Blog » LaRue increase prices across the board

la_rue-tfb.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    All you have to do is order it... It will be months before they charge you. ****. This sucks, but oooo well, it's not like I'm not gonna get an OBR when that time comes. In fact, I may just gut check myself and order it now anyway. The 762 OBRs are taking forever to produce.

85mackey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    houston
    Well that sucks! I guess I'll be ordering the LT-150 I have been eyeing soon. It's already expensive after taxes and shipping, but a price hike might finally bring the price into the $200 range.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    "reasonable" usually equates to a lower quality.....in many instances, that's acceptable - but in critcal applications it's often better to pay the higher price and get the higher quality.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Here is my thoughts on LaRue-

You could reasonably argue other manufacturers make a similar 5.56mm product.

You can not argue that they have the best semi-auto 762s(I'd rather have an OBR than an SR25 at almost twice the cost).

You definitely CAN NOT argue that LaRue makes the best optics mounts in the game. If you say otherwise, there is no point in us even having a debate.

Can you get by with cheaper gear? Yes.

If you want the best, do you buy LaRue? Yes.

Plus to top it off, I have a very fond opinion of Mark LaRue, the owner of LaRue Tactical. He supports a bunch of awesome causes, he's not afraid to defend his product(personally- to the death if need be), plus its a Texas based business(which I tell myself every time I pay sales tax). I admire their no-dealer business model. Dealers inevitably **** pricing to hell trying to undercut one another. Buying a LaRue product is almost like getting an Apple product- no real need to price shop around. I've met Mark, Mark Fingar(his right hand man), and several of the LaRue folks at various events in the past. They are 100% world class people who care about customer service with one of the best guarantees in the game. I routinely see Mark giving people free mounts, etc. that were ripped off on ebay buying fake LaRue gear. Absolutely no reason he has to do that, but it speaks amazing volumes to his character that he does. I know I mentioned he supports causes, but let me be specific about a BIG one he supports- our troops. He does so much for our troops.

Still bitching about paying up to 20% more and getting a higher quality product than the competition? Then I'm not sure you can be convinced you cheap bastards! Lol.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Yeah. I've been looking at an OBR 5.56. I doubt i'll do it before 7/1 though.

OBRs are getting the full 12.5% boost from what I have heard from friends who work there. I ordered a PredatOBR 7.62. They are quoting 16 weeks right now for OBRs and that is frankly optimistic.

Just buy something more reasonably priced in the first place...

Everything in the same quality range is in the same price range. They are a Texas business and Mark is a strong supporter of the Central Texas shooting community... I also have a ton of friends who work there, so I will support their continued employment.

Here is my thoughts on LaRue-

You could reasonably argue other manufacturers make a similar 5.56mm product.

You can not argue that they have the best semi-auto 762s(I'd rather have an OBR than an SR25 at almost twice the cost).

You definitely CAN NOT argue that LaRue makes the best optics mounts in the game. If you say otherwise, there is no point in us even having a debate.

Can you get by with cheaper gear? Yes.

If you want the best, do you buy LaRue? Yes.

Plus to top it off, I have a very fond opinion of Mark LaRue, the owner of LaRue Tactical. He supports a bunch of awesome causes, he's not afraid to defend his product(personally- to the death if need be), plus its a Texas based business(which I tell myself every time I pay sales tax). I admire their no-dealer business model. Dealers inevitably **** pricing to hell trying to undercut one another. Buying a LaRue product is almost like getting an Apple product- no real need to price shop around. I've met Mark, Mark Fingar(his right hand man), and several of the LaRue folks at various events in the past. They are 100% world class people who care about customer service with one of the best guarantees in the game. I routinely see Mark giving people free mounts, etc. that were ripped off on ebay buying fake LaRue gear. Absolutely no reason he has to do that, but it speaks amazing volumes to his character that he does. I know I mentioned he supports causes, but let me be specific about a BIG one he supports- our troops. He does so much for our troops.

Still bitching about paying up to 20% more and getting a higher quality product than the competition? Then I'm not sure you can be convinced you cheap bastards! Lol.

I can attest to the level of customer service. I have had a couple problems and they were resolved practically instantly. There are other scope mount vendors, such as Warne Mounts, that have similar quality (at a similar price). However, they do not have the level action like Larue, and it isn't as easy to get a perfect return to zero. I take the scopes off of my precision rifles every time I put them in the safe and when I put them back on my rifle they are still perfectly zeroed. The other guys aren't in Texas either, and I like to keep my money close to home.. :)

Not sure what you are talking about though when you say "no dealers business model". Larue does not just do business direct. They have dealers. I know of at least one Austin based dealer that sells their gear at the Gun Shows and is located down off of Ben White, just can't remember the name now. They have dealers all over the country.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I stand somewhat corrected then.. All I know, is calling on behalf of my dad(who has an FFL) gets me nowhere with them. Anywhere else, at least 10%+ off. Like I said, I am glad to pay their prices based off what I see is a company with A+ integrity.

Top Bottom