• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    In randomly browsing forums, i found a company called armalaser that makes VERY thin lasers and LED tactical lights for guns with picatinny rails. I have the capability to make a custom thermoformed holster that would accept thin rail mount assceessories.

I'm considering either the Singray laser or Stingray

Laser: $139
    STINGRAY SR1 LASER by ArmaLaser Inc.

Tac light: $119
    STINGRAY SRX TAC-LIGHT by ArmaLaser Inc.

I'm trying to decide which would be more practical. Applicaation would be either my HK45 or P30

Suggestions?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am not sure if they are available for those models, but Lasermax makes internal lasers that don't require special holsters. It replaces the guide rod with a laser unit. A laser is a practical accessory for concealed carry, a light I am not sold on. I am trying to think of a situation where I might be carrying concealed and be in the dark. I always carry a flashlight on me, so a dedicated light is not really something I need, but the situation could arise I guess. My home defense handgun has a rail mounted light on it, and holsters are available for nonconcealed carry. The biggest problem I could see is the item on the rail getting hung up while trying to draw from concealment.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Unfortionatly guid rail lasers are not available for HK guns at the moment. I'm using a Comp-Tac minutaur holster with a custom-made body that would allow for a smooth draw. I currently have a version that uses a no-star laser (similar to the Uni-Max from lasermax) It's proof of concept, but the no-star was a cheaper version designed for airsoft or paintball and doesn't hold a zero very well.

Top Bottom