• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Not to say no republicans can’t be dicks but wow are these folks just pissy little shits.

A few of you know I’m Texas bound September 5th. My house sold; my life was pretty crazy. I have been posting here in the meantime to have fun with like minded people. Let me tell you a little about myself so this rant makes sense. I was born and raised in a town called Corvallis, Oregon. My birthday places me very close to the millennial generation. Corvallis in the 90’s wasn’t that bad. Good time to be a kid in Corvallis. Good mix of republicans and democrats, most people had guns, most were friends despite differences. Once I graduated high school I traveled a bit but came back to Oregon. Corvallis is in Benton county and I ended up living in Linn County. They are right next to each other and using the analogy of water mixing with oil couldn’t be more appropriate here. Linn has always been my stomping grounds for camping and shooting. So it felt only natural I buy my first house there. Most of Linn County and all of central Oregon is really friendly. We are people that want to enjoy our job, provide great customer service, and if you’re not a junky I would give you the shirt off my back.

Fast forward to now. I’m hanging out with my parents before I say goodbye. Back in Corvallis and it is horrible what liberals have done to this once really nice town. Everyone is so close minded. Patience for no one. They are shocked when I hold the door open but say nothing. If I wear my sportsman’s warehouse shirt they seem passive aggressive yet triggered. Even if I blend in better, employees are way more unhelpful and unhappy than in Linn County. Part of having a successful day is how you talk to people in order to get what you need done. These people have such a piss poor attitude with no social skills.

I’m sure some of you can relate and have seen the towns you grew up in just turn to shit. I saved the best for last though. So hard for me not to cuss right now. These gd bicyclists!! Oregon law says they are a car. You are on that road and you obay the traffic laws as you would driving. This town just gets on its knees and blows these bicyclists. This town used to give them tickets. Now they seem free to be a threat to everyone including themselves. The common sense is gone and it’s sad to see what liberalism does if left unchecked.
    DK Firearms

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Not to say no republicans can’t be dicks but wow are these folks just pissy little shits.

A few of you know I’m Texas bound September 5th. My house sold; my life was pretty crazy. I have been posting here in the meantime to have fun with like minded people. Let me tell you a little about myself so this rant makes sense. I was born and raised in a town called Corvallis, Oregon. My birthday places me very close to the millennial generation. Corvallis in the 90’s wasn’t that bad. Good time to be a kid in Corvallis. Good mix of republicans and democrats, most people had guns, most were friends despite differences. Once I graduated high school I traveled a bit but came back to Oregon. Corvallis is in Benton county and I ended up living in Linn County. They are right next to each other and using the analogy of water mixing with oil couldn’t be more appropriate here. Linn has always been my stomping grounds for camping and shooting. So it felt only natural I buy my first house there. Most of Linn County and all of central Oregon is really friendly. We are people that want to enjoy our job, provide great customer service, and if you’re not a junky I would give you the shirt off my back.

Fast forward to now. I’m hanging out with my parents before I say goodbye. Back in Corvallis and it is horrible what liberals have done to this once really nice town. Everyone is so close minded. Patience for no one. They are shocked when I hold the door open but say nothing. If I wear my sportsman’s warehouse shirt they seem passive aggressive yet triggered. Even if I blend in better, employees are way more unhelpful and unhappy than in Linn County. Part of having a successful day is how you talk to people in order to get what you need done. These people have such a piss poor attitude with no social skills.

I’m sure some of you can relate and have seen the towns you grew up in just turn to shit. I saved the best for last though. So hard for me not to cuss right now. These gd bicyclists!! Oregon law says they are a car. You are on that road and you obay the traffic laws as you would driving. This town just gets on its knees and blows these bicyclists. This town used to give them tickets. Now they seem free to be a threat to everyone including themselves. The common sense is gone and it’s sad to see what liberalism does if left unchecked.

Oh man. I can relate fully. Allen is nothing like when I grew up there. There is a cabelas there now which I wouldn't have guessed in a million years would ever be there. Use to be naught but farm land and prairie. But thats the way it goes when money moves in. I am really sorry to hear that about Oregon though. Seems like a really nice place despite the cancer.

Liberals are only tolerate of each other and all the "disenfranchised" people of color or whatever the ****. As long as those people of color don't live in or near their gated communities of course.

And as far as the pole smoker bicyclists go, don't go to plano in the morning. Those buttplugs hold up commuting traffic with their wanna be lance armstrong crap.

Lastly, glad you are coming. Hope its near DFW so we can go shooting. I am also in the millennial shit sack age group but on the older spectrum. Looks like we are in the same sinking ship :shades:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Any large cities and up-and-coming suburbs are the same in Texas. Maybe not full tilt but a lot of liberal transplants. I do get some odd looks wearing anything sporting/firearms related at times. There could be other reasons too but I'm sticking with that story.

I have three millennial children. One isn't interested in guns, another turned liberal (I failed) and the youngest girl loves guns. All raised the same way so I guess it was beta #1, beta #2 and beta #3.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Lastly, glad you are coming. Hope its near DFW so we can go shooting. I am also in the millennial shit sack age group but on the older spectrum. Looks like we are in the same sinking ship :shades:
    Definitely. I will be living in Euless and my father in law and all his neighbors got land out in Palmer for shooting. I already got euless gun shop bookmarked. Pm me anytime.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have noticed that many bikers want to be treated on the road with the respect that cars are treated, yet they don't want to adhere to traffic laws that apply to cars.
    I was at a 4 way (these folks have a hard time paying attention so they don’t know who goes first). My bed was still in the middle of the intersection and in the corner of my eye I see something headed my way. I see a bike blowing past the stop sign looking everywhere but in front of him! I’m all shit if I don’t give it some gas he’s gonna eat shit. Get out of that intersection and he doesn’t even know he could have ran into my bed. He stops to look on his phone. Probably looking at pictures of dicks. I yell “dude, you need to stop too! You almost hurt yourself!” He flips me off. Lol

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Euless was a decent town when I was going to High School and back before I joined the Navy, way back when. Was still sort of on the country side, but you could feel the city creepin' in at a steady pace.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...My bed was still in the middle of the intersection and in the corner of my eye I see something headed my way.... I’m all shit if I don’t give it some gas he’s gonna eat shit. ...

An option would have been to safely pass through the intersection and let nature take its course.

I say this as a lifelong road cyclist and motorcyclist.

Traffic control signs and devices pertain to all users of the roadway, even pedestrians. Determining who has right of way is a separate story.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm sorry to hear how Oregon is going. I love the Pacific Northwest. So much so that my wife and I seriously considered moving to the Portland area. Yes despite the insanity.

I unfortunately know exactly what you mean about your hometown going to shit. The place where I grew up was a sleepy little bedroom community in the Bay Area. My parents were working class and could afford to buy a decent house there. The schools were and are excellent and quality of life there is very good with little serious crime. Despite being in CA, we would have been happy to raise our family there.

Unfortunately all of the tech bros, investors and rich snobs figured it out and drove housing prices through the roof. The people changed too and not for the better. I still love the town but not many of the people in it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

I can relate, although I am originally from Washington, I was living near Portland before I hit the road and eventually ended up in Texas. I used to ride the Cascades and Central Oregon often and been through your area several times. Having been to Portland many times over the years, which has always been a bit off, I noticed the suburbs there was much like what you described. Liberalism is a blight and many liberals from California, especially in the 90's, migrated north. I noticed in Washington much the same, that blight is moving mainly from the western cities slowly towards the eastern parts of Oregon and Washington.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Also Corvallis being a University city (OSU), doesn't help.

I sometimes wondered how both the state's universities could coexist in such close proximity.

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Oh man. I can relate fully. Allen is nothing like when I grew up there. There is a cabelas there now which I wouldn't have guessed in a million years would ever be there. Use to be naught but farm land and prairie. But thats the way it goes when money moves in. I am really sorry to hear that about Oregon though. Seems like a really nice place despite the cancer.

Liberals are only tolerate of each other and all the "disenfranchised" people of color or whatever the ****. As long as those people of color don't live in or near their gated communities of course.

And as far as the pole smoker bicyclists go, don't go to plano in the morning. Those buttplugs hold up commuting traffic with their wanna be lance armstrong crap.

Ditto on this.. Im at the old end of millenial age... If you're in DFW we'll meet up sometime and shoot.

Top Bottom