• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Getting ready to buy a new Silverado 1500 and would like to ask if anyone here has a referral to someone at a large dealership that will have better inventory than those in the Tyler/Longview area where I live. Browsing the online inventories (which I learned don't mean much) it is clear that there are a lot more available trucks that meet my criteria in the Dallas area but I also know that each dealership has lots of sales people and online inquiries are often responded to by less than knowledgeable folks.

In days gone by we used to have real fleet or top notch internet sales folks but it has been a long time since I have seen any of those. So, if you have had a good experience with someone who went the extra mile to hook you up with the Chevy you wanted in this tough market, I would appreciate a name.
    ARJ Defense ad

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Good luck. Half the dealerships are marking up stuff on the lots but you can order what you want at msrp, which frankly is still a mark up but....

I would never pay a dealer mark up and always complain to the manufacturer f ou r being asked to do so.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    If you have time, it might be better to order one. Dad just ordered a new Tahoe at $500 off MSRP. Those insane markups are for folks who just gotta have it now - er, emotional purchases. Plus there’s no opportunity for the dealer to add the $500 wax job or window tint at 3x the going rate.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Send me a PM with your number. I am not a salesperson but I do work in a dealership that sells GMC and Chevrolet. Need to know specifically what you are looking for. As far as ordering goes, that's fine. Still need a dealer to do so. Just remember, depending on content, you may not get it before the 2023's come out. I know of one customer that ordered in September and because of the specific content, her SUV has not been built. This is the reason for the mark-ups. There is no supply for certain options.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom