• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdamLW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2016
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hey, I'm planting roots in San Antonio and looking for a quiet club/range to go shoot at on the weekends. Does anyone know of something like that within 50 miles looking for members?

Sgt. Beardface

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2023
    Cibolo
    Hey, I'm planting roots in San Antonio and looking for a quiet club/range to go shoot at on the weekends. Does anyone know of something like that within 50 miles looking for members?
    I don’t think you are gonna find that around SA. About the calmest one I have found is Lonstar Handgun and it is still fairly busy. Best bet is to get out and meet people and find a personal range.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

I know of a private range south of Jourdanton, which is 50 miles from where I live in Helotes; but it's not open to new members.

To be honest, I've never seen a list of private ranges in the area. They simply don't advertise their presence.

About the only way you ever find out about them is to know a member...

The closest you'll get would be renting private stalls at the public ones, or if you have a DoD ID card or know someone willing to sponsor you on Camp Bullis, the Sportsman's Range on that installation is almost like a private range. However, it's only open on the weekends...

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Dietz is getting a rep for overbearing range nazis, and even then the last time I was there, besides them, there was a hood rat with his snap-on stock equiped Glock, shooting up everyone's else's targets but his own.
    Range Nazi did nothing until I jumped his ass.
    Woman on the other side with two kids thanked me, because he was hitting her targets also.
    Never had that happen before...
    I was more than a little pissed, and forgot to ask for her phone number.
    icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

Last edited:

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    Quieter than the bug names, but not private and in no particular order

Bandera Gun Club
    Dietz
    Cedar Ridge

There are a handful of truly closed to the public ranges, but money won’t buy you into them.
    Cedar Ridge is quiet at times but can be busy on the weekends especially with the different matches going on almost every weekend.

But in general it's not too bad.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Sgt. Beardface

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2023
    Cibolo
    Dietz is getting a rep for overbearing range nazis, and even then the last time I was there, besides them, there was a hood rat with his snap-on stock equiped Glock, shooting up everyone's else's targets but his own.
    Range Nazi did nothing until I jumped his ass.
    Woman on the other side with two kids thanked me, because he was hitting her targets also.
    Never had that happen before...
    I was more than a little pissed, and forgot to ask for her phone number.
    icon_smile_dissapprove.gif
    Did everybody clap afterwards? J/k. Just realized that came out very dickish.

Last edited:

Mozzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Texas
    At The Bullet Hole you can rent a private bay. It's not too busy during the week but weekends are packed.

Jc2468

FAL Lover
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 27, 2023
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Im new to the area also looking for a good preferably outdoor range. I have friends with property but when that isnt an option I’d like to have a decent range. Ive visited the Dietz range before and was unimpressed. Nice range but the range officers were terrible- one kept offering my wife unsolicited “Tips” - that was 4-5 years ago but I never went back. Read not great things about the McQueeny range too.

formercorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2023
    New Braunfels
    You might enjoy the New Braunfels Schuetzen Verein (Shooting Club). It is the oldest continuously operational gun club in the USA. https://www.facebook.com/groups/423981237639701/ . We use .22's for all of our competitions and practice sessions, but most calibers are allowed on the range (100 and 200 yd targets available) once you become a member. It is very family friendly. Our web site isn't much, so I recommend you use the facebook account.
    formerCorp

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You might enjoy the New Braunfels Schuetzen Verein (Shooting Club). It is the oldest continuously operational gun club in the USA. https://www.facebook.com/groups/423981237639701/ . We use .22's for all of our competitions and practice sessions, but most calibers are allowed on the range (100 and 200 yd targets available) once you become a member. It is very family friendly. Our web site isn't much, so I recommend you use the facebook account.
    formerCorp

Welcome to the Forum!

Top Bottom