• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    A bit of a different take on a topic we have been discussing of late.
    Name something you have purchased, or have in your home, that you are surprised to learn was manufactured in China.

For instance, I had to order supplies for my CPAP machine over the weekend. All of the masks and parts for the machine are manufactured in China. There is no other choice.

Another example - I pulled out one of my utility pocket knives to complete a task yesterday, and noticed that "China" was stamped on the blade. It is a Remington pocket knife, for goodness sake!

What have you been surprised by learning it was manufactured in China?
    Military Camp

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Plenty, but now I take the time before I buy to do my damndest to buy made in the U.S. - If that's impossible, the next choice is made in almost any other country except china.

Often, buying U.S. mfg. is close to unpossible.

Just yesterday, I saw an ad for a Stihl chainsaw advertised as U.S. mfg'd.

Reading the fine print, it said words to the effect that some parts could be foreign, (could be my ass...are) but assembled (like assembled makes it equal to U.S. mfg) in the U.S.

Due diligence isn't that difficult.

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I see many items stating “shipped from US” which after further review usually results from China

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Everything on my desk is commie made including my Lenovo computer, Canon printer and Phillips monitor/TV. The radio is made by Prunis in China, whatever the hell Prunis is.
    And I thought Lenovo was Russian Commie.
    We sold out ourselves. Remember when the best stuff was from Japan. This is nothing new.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Everything on my desk is commie made including my Lenovo computer, Canon printer and Phillips monitor/TV. The radio is made by Prunis in China, whatever the hell Prunis is.
    And I thought Lenovo was Russian Commie.
    We sold out ourselves. Remember when the best stuff was from Japan. This is nothing new.
    I remember when "made in Japan" was not desirable.
    Before Honda, it was much like the lead paint chinesium crap of today.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Growing up the Made in Japan resentment came from all the WWII GI's that fought the jays. I still remember the bitching about the flood of Japanese vehicle that came after the oil embargo caused shortages. No a Japper car & electronics are tops. Some are also impressed with their optics, but not me.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm not surprised when anything is made in China. I'm more surprised when I find good stuff made in the USA. I wear US made jeans. Shirts are hit and miss, but at least I can find some not made in China. Hand tools are getting easier to find made in the US. Power tools, not so much. Commodity junk, not so much.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I wore suits and ties for 25 years. Now that I'm semi-retired, I like wearing Carhartt T-Shirts. Even they are suffering from a decline in quality! The last few times I've purchased them they were made in Mexico or Guatemala.
    I'm 6'6" and built Ford tuff and like the fit, length, and thickness of the Carhartt T-Shirts - sure do wish they were made in the USA!

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Another example - I pulled out one of my utility pocket knives to complete a task yesterday, and noticed that "China" was stamped on the blade. It is a Remington pocket knife, for goodness sake!

Remington doesn't make knives, LOL. They do sell knives with their name branded on them, however.

When you check their website, "Origin" of the knives is listed as "Imported." They don't state China. I wonder why?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Unless something proudly shows “made in USA” on it, I assume it’s made in China. Because they often hide that label so it’s hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom