• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zonearc0

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2024
    SMITHVILLE
    Are there any DIY courses (online?) or in-person that someone can recommend on how to do handgun and rifle maintenance? I didn't grow up with firearms but bought them as a young adult. To date, I don't hunt .. I just enjoy going to ranges and shooting for fun. Then, I'll bring them to a local shop every year or two to get maintenance. At some point, it gets costly and annoying (they are so far behind, sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks to get them back).
    Target Sports

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Are there any DIY courses (online?) or in-person that someone can recommend on how to do handgun and rifle maintenance? I didn't grow up with firearms but bought them as a young adult. To date, I don't hunt .. I just enjoy going to ranges and shooting for fun. Then, I'll bring them to a local shop every year or two to get maintenance. At some point, it gets costly and annoying (they are so far behind, sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks to get them back).

YouTube is a pretty good source...if you're careful and watch videos from multiple sources on the same information to make sure you can tell what's a good practice and what isn't. Most firearms only need to be field stripped and cleaned from time to time. It's rare that you'll need to do any deep disassembly unless you want to start doing things like swapping out triggers and such.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    All the posts from you make sense now after I popped over to the classifieds...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Like Texasgordo & General Zod said, youtube is good place to start for visuals. If you don't have them, download the official manuals from the manufacturers and follow their instructions.

If you get down my way (New Braunfels), let me know and I can help you.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Like Texasgordo & General Zod said, youtube is good place to start for visuals. If you don't have them, download the official manuals from the manufacturers and follow their instructions.

If you get down my way (New Braunfels), let me know and I can help you.

Yeah, but now I feel dirty for trying to help our new resident radical leftist.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Ahh - I missed those posts.

After catching up on some of them I have a question for the OP (@zonearc0) : If your wife is/was a LEO why doesn't she teach you?

Most LEO's are fucking clueless about firearms, and only have enough familiarity to pass their periodic qualifications...The couple of 'em we have on this forum are a rare minority.

Top Bottom