Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    2024 Republican Primary Ballot Propositions
    Approved by the State Republican Executive Committee – December 2, 2023

Proposition 1
    Texas should eliminate all property taxes without increasing Texans’ overall tax burden.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 2
    Texas should create a Border Protection Unit, and deploy additional state law enforcement and
    military forces, to seal the border, to use physical force to prevent illegal entry and trafficking,
    and to deport illegal aliens to Mexico or to their nations of origin.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 3
    The Texas Legislature should require the use of E-Verify by all employers in Texas to protect
    jobs for legal workers by preventing the hiring of illegal aliens.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 4
    The Texas Legislature should end all subsidies and public services, including in-state college
    tuition and enrollment in public schools, for illegal aliens.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 5
    Texas urges the United States Congress not to grant any form of amnesty or a pathway to
    legalization for illegal aliens.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 6
    The Texas Legislature should prohibit the deployment of the Texas National Guard to a foreign
    conflict unless Congress first formally declares war.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 7
    The Texas Legislature should establish authority within the Texas State Comptroller’s office to
    administer access to gold and silver through the Texas Bullion Depository for use as legal tender.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 8
    The State of Texas should ensure that Texans are free to give or to withhold consent for any
    vaccine without coercion.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 9
    The Republican Party of Texas should restrict voting in the Republican primary to only
    registered Republicans.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 10
    The Texas Constitution should be amended to restore authority to the Texas Attorney General to
    prosecute election crimes.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 11
    Texas parents and guardians should have the right to select schools, whether public or private,
    for their children, and the funding should follow the student.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 12
    The Texas Constitution should be amended to require proof of citizenship before any individual
    can be registered to vote.
    YES
    NO

Proposition 13
    Texas should ban the sale of Texas land to citizens, governments, and entities from China, Iran,
    North Korea, and Russia.
    YES
    NO

Respectfully submitted,
    Vergel B. Cruz, Secretary
    Texas State Republican Executive Committee
    December 20, 2023

(I guess the Democrats didn't have any proposed propositions)
    Military Camp

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Proposition 4
    The Texas Legislature should end all subsidies and public services, including in-state college

Sounds good on the surface, but will the schools still be required to accept illegal aliens? If so, then the school district is out the money while being force to teach the illegal immigrants.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Proposition 4

Sounds good on the surface, but will the schools still be required to accept illegal aliens? If so, then the school district is out the money while being force to teach the illegal immigrants.
    Public schools can’t even ask if kids are legally here so I don’t think it would change anything.

Jedi54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    DFW, Texas
    Appreciate the thread.

As someone who has only been in TX a short while, I have a question about our sample ballots:
    Is there ever a pro vs cons statement issued for each proposition?
    I ask because the State I lived in prior, your party sample ballot had statements printed usually from the Republican party telling you why they favored or opposed the proposition. It often even included the projected fiscal impact should the proposition get passed.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I have yet to see something like that here in TX. Even the TX Republican party website does't delve into the individual propositions.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    A dollar taken from the left hand is equal to a dollar taken from the right hand. The tax burden remains the same unless it is reduced, whether it be property tax, income tax or another name.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I’m for all of the above, but I do question the property tax prop and how those funds are replaced. I’d think a sales tax hike would be more representative and also allow folks just passing through to chip in.

I wish they had a prop that would confiscate the vehicle of anyone caught driving without insurance or without a valid driver license.

Regarding the E-verify, what would the punishment be for not following it? It’s only effective if the fine is painful, like $20k per infraction

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Appreciate the thread.

As someone who has only been in TX a short while, I have a question about our sample ballots:
    Is there ever a pro vs cons statement issued for each proposition?
    I ask because the State I lived in prior, your party sample ballot had statements printed usually from the Republican party telling you why they favored or opposed the proposition. It often even included the projected fiscal impact should the proposition get passed.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I have yet to see something like that here in TX. Even the TX Republican party website does't delve into the individual propositions.
    No. I go to League of Women Voters for that.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Prop 9 restrict primary to registered Republicans. How do I "register" other than to vote in the primary?
    Prop 12 proof of citizenship. What would be required to prove? Would that document become available on the black market?

Top Bottom