• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My guess 50% or better of y'all do not even know what this is, and the other 48% that do hate it. Yup I'm one of those strange people who actual like it. One of those foods that is hard to find especially out here. So I order some from Amazon. It comes in todays & of coarse the jars have leaked out. It is some very sticky stuff so I don't even attempt to deal with the mess. Now the house smells of some thing I have been wanting for 2 years that I can't have. Bastards!!

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    I stopped buying from Amazon for that reason... the stupid people they have in shipping...I started buy from Walmart+, and get free shipping... they have Marmite as well as Vegemite... and they price match (as I understand it, though I never used that service)...

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    That sounds like a mess they shipped. Goofballs.

Marmite-ALAMY-scaled-3874695407.jpg

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I love me some Marmite on toast with a side of Vegemite....

Just joshin', Boon. Never acquired a taste for either. If you're in trouble I can express some Jiffy up your way. Just give me the word!

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Sounds like a sauce (mole) a good taco place offers. I tried once and almost gagged. There are definitely some foods you must acquire a taste for if you have the time, and I don't.

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    There is something wrong when the directions say to add to toast but not enough to taste it....... you can keep your vegimite.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    There is something wrong when the directions say to add to toast but not enough to taste it....... you can keep your vegimite.

Australians spread Vegemite on toast thick like we do preserves. And then they happily munch on it. If you've never tried Vegemite, it tastes a lot like salt...that you really pissed off and annoyed before biting into.

13centkiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Umbarger TX
    Marmite or was it Vegimite? Billy Conley, Scottish comedian had a bit on it where he was eating it in a hotel and spilled it on the bed sheet while watching tv. Did everything he could but it still looked like he shit the bed

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    I brought back vegimite from down under.... I still have 99.9% of it left. It's not good. I brought it back for family to try.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My guess 50% or better of y'all do not even know what this is, and the other 48% that do hate it. Yup I'm one of those strange people who actual like it. One of those foods that is hard to find especially out here. So I order some from Amazon. It comes in todays & of coarse the jars have leaked out. It is some very sticky stuff so I don't even attempt to deal with the mess. Now the house smells of some thing I have been wanting for 2 years that I can't have. Bastards!!
    I like it from time to time

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You ordered something made in the UK, and you didn't expect it to leak?
    Evidently, you have never owned a car made over there...
    I ordered it from Amazon, it was next day delivered. That's a good indicator that it shipped from Texas, not the UK. And no I never owned a UK built vehicle, as the are known to be wrought with electrical problems.

Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    I tried both Vegemite, and Marmite from Amazon, and no leaked purchases on those, YET.
    I even got an olive oil that didn't leak, but I have had PLENTY of busted Amazon food-related items I never got reimbursed/credited for. This reminds me, I need to call Amazon again as they only partially credited me for missing Christmas items... I'll call today.

Salt Reduced Vegemite is good too, but Marmite is silly-sticky. Too much to deal with.
    They all taste about the same to me, but don't go super heavy...

Try it, go easy w/it and add peanut butter, so like PB toast with easy Vegemite.
    You will thank me.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    kinda grew up on it, I buy it online here (never had a prob. with it leaking tho' )

I like it, if you're a newbie spread it thin - not like peanut butter or something.

i was with a group of overseas visitors in UK back in the 70's at a shooting lodge, one of them spread it a little thick and said " Jeez Mike this shit tastes like Hoppe's No.9!"

Top Bottom