• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have only lived in East Texas for 8 years but I have been struck by how many people go missing around here. Most are never heard from again and the bodies of others are often not found for 10 years or more. For those of you in the LEO community, is this just coincidence or does the Big Piney area have more than its share of disappearances?

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I lived in a rural NE Texas county for 20+ years and it seemed common. In the small county seat, woman went missing in 2002 and still not found. Another went missing this past December after walking out of her home with just her clothes she was wearing but those clothes were found scattered down the road.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I have only lived in East Texas for 8 years but I have been struck by how many people go missing around here. Most are never heard from again and the bodies of others are often not found for 10 years or more. For those of you in the LEO community, is this just coincidence or does the Big Piney area have more than its share of disappearances?
    It's all of Texas and Mexico nand the borders are to blame. Drugs and or Human trafficking mostly.

Same with heavy equipment and large trailers. From Texas to Mexico in a days time.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Loup garou!!
    1000000039.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Its truly shocking how many are placed into trafficking situations. Read an article a few years ago about a sting operation in the Temple area that resulted in several young girls being rescued from trafficking.

Those girls were being pimped online and were doing tricks at a local motel.

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I remember a law enforcement or prosecutor (it's been a long time) telling me that after any major weather event, people go missing. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc. I thought he was saying that they died in the event or were killed and disposed during it, but his claim was that most of them just didn't want to be found. Unhappy marriages or owed too much money or some other situation was pretty common. If they did turn up, it was 1000 miles away.

These days it seems like there are a lot of predators. In the past they had to actually meet some kid but now they have the internet and social media where they can troll for unhappy kids and talk them into running away with them.

When I was very young, I was working night shift at a gas station. A young girl came in - I think someone dropped her off - and she bought a pack of cigarettes and hung around for a bit. (Yeah, it was so far back that we had a cigarette vending machine!) She made it clear that she would be willing to sleep with anyone if they could just let her sleep indoors for the night. She had spent the last night in a tree and it was winter and cold. She said she was 18, but I think we finally got her to admit to 15. I asked why she ran off and she said her step father had come home drunk and she hadn't washed the dishes like she was supposed to, so he beat her and threw her down the steps. She decided it was the last time she was going to take a beating or sexual abuse from the guy. I asked if she had told her mother what he was doing. She said she tried that and her mother beat her and told her to shut up. Eventually she hitched a ride with some guys who were headed to a biker bar. The local biker gang was raided a few months later for trafficking prostitutes through the area, so I'm pretty sure that's the circuit she ended up in. I was a kid and there wasn't anything I could do, but I still feel bad about that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I remember a law enforcement or prosecutor (it's been a long time) telling me that after any major weather event, people go missing. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc. I thought he was saying that they died in the event or were killed and disposed during it, but his claim was that most of them just didn't want to be found. Unhappy marriages or owed too much money or some other situation was pretty common. If they did turn up, it was 1000 miles away.

These days it seems like there are a lot of predators. In the past they had to actually meet some kid but now they have the internet and social media where they can troll for unhappy kids and talk them into running away with them.

When I was very young, I was working night shift at a gas station. A young girl came in - I think someone dropped her off - and she bought a pack of cigarettes and hung around for a bit. (Yeah, it was so far back that we had a cigarette vending machine!) She made it clear that she would be willing to sleep with anyone if they could just let her sleep indoors for the night. She had spent the last night in a tree and it was winter and cold. She said she was 18, but I think we finally got her to admit to 15. I asked why she ran off and she said her step father had come home drunk and she hadn't washed the dishes like she was supposed to, so he beat her and threw her down the steps. She decided it was the last time she was going to take a beating or sexual abuse from the guy. I asked if she had told her mother what he was doing. She said she tried that and her mother beat her and told her to shut up. Eventually she hitched a ride with some guys who were headed to a biker bar. The local biker gang was raided a few months later for trafficking prostitutes through the area, so I'm pretty sure that's the circuit she ended up in. I was a kid and there wasn't anything I could do, but I still feel bad about that.
    PROBABLY AN ALL-TOO COMMONON OF A STORY OF WHAT HAPPENS TO A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVW GONE MISSING!

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Something interesting to consider if you've never seen it before. I assume things like in breaking bad where people get buried in the desert is a real thing, plus places in FL and LA where they let the local wildlife takes care of most evidence.

KfUPlZY.jpeg

Top Bottom