• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    hello everyone i was just wondering if i have to do anything legaly with my firearms when i move to tx

thank you

Texas has no registration laws. When you have lived in TX 6 months you can take the course and apply for a chl. If no disqualifying convicitions, you will have your chl in about 90 days or less after turning in your application.

BTW you don't have to wait the 6 months to take the training, just to turn in the application.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Once you've established residency, you can buy to your heart's delight or your wallet's limitations (which ever comes first)...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Actually, they recently passed a law that requires you to deposit all guns with me when you first arrive in the state. Once I've verified that you legally own the guns, and all required paperwork has been completed, they'll be returned to you (subject to storage/transfer fees). PM me for delivery address....

Look forward to meetin' and doin' some shootin'!! Congrats on escapin' CA!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    hello everyone i was just wondering if i have to do anything legaly with my firearms when i move to tx

thank you

Now you can take the magazine locks off your rifles (once you're past the CA border, anyway). And sell the 10 round magazines in CA before you move. You're not going to need them here.

I put the pistol grip on my AK on I-10 as I was going through Arizona...

tecklancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    san antonio
    lol i already have a whole lot of rebuid kits so i think im going to stop at the az ca boarder and take off all the mag locks and chuck them back across ca lol

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Let's get you an nfa trust and put the proper length barrels and mufflers on those guns.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    When you have lived in TX 6 months you can take the course and apply for a chl. If no disqualifying convicitions, you will have your chl in about 90 days or less after turning in your application.
    He can apply as soon as he gets here and takes the class, before establishing residency.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Welcome,

Hope you are moving to San Antonio. Could not find san atonio on my Texas map.

Make sure your firearms are secure and out of sight when traveling here.

Once you cross-over from NM, you may carry a concealed firearm on your person while in your vehicle, if you are not otherwise disqualified.

If stopped by police, tell them immediately and follow their instructions to the letter.

Register your vehicle and get a TXDL ASAP (There is a certain stigma attached to Cali License Plates, especially in Wal Mart parking lots).

Register to vote as soon as you are eligible. Vote for pro-gun candidates: Conservative/Libertarian/Republican.

Watch out for the un-neutered-Dog and nicotine NAZIES around here.

Join TSRA.

You'll like Texas and the shooters here.

Be well.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Welcome,

Hope you are moving to San Antonio. Could not find san atonio on my Texas map.

Make sure your firearms are secure and out of sight when traveling here.

Once you cross-over from NM, you may carry a concealed firearm on your person while in your vehicle, if you are not otherwise disqualified.

If stopped by police, tell them immediately and follow their instructions to the letter.

Register your vehicle and get a TXDL ASAP (There is a certain stigma attached to Cali License Plates, especially in Wal Mart parking lots).

Register to vote as soon as you are eligible. Vote for pro-gun candidates: Conservative/Libertarian/Republican.

Watch out for the un-neutered-Dog and nicotine NAZIES around here.

Join TSRA.

You'll like Texas and the shooters here.

Be well.

Yeh... The nicotiene nazis... Being a smoker in texas is tough.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeh... The nicotiene nazis... Being a smoker in texas is tough.

I've seen worse. I wish I could get the pic off my old phone... Burbank CA is completely smoke free (except in your own home, and they're looking for ways...). Even on the street.

All of CA is "smoke-free" in public-access buildings and workplaces.

So it could be a LOT worse than Texas. You can still smoke in bars in most cities.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Good stuff, I did the same thing and havent regretted it one bit. Forget all that nonsense about registering guns and 10 rnd mags, this is Texas. All you need to buy guns is a Texas DL/ID, cash and carry, private party sales w/o paper work is absolutely legal. No you do not need to be a resident for anytime to get a chl here. All you need is a Texas DL/ID and to go through the channels. Yes I am right, this was changed recently to include all person residing in Texas who intend on becoming residents. To get a DL you must get your vehicle inspected and registered, no smog crap either whoo hoo. Once you leave CA you can carry loaded firearms in your vehicle. In AZ you can carry concealed w/o permit, I did it when I passed through for the heck of it. Once you hit NM its back in the console though. Dont let the Border Patrol give you any crap when you are driving to Texas either.

Another note, while in San Antonio dont let TexasRedneck talk you into buying more guns than you can afford. He enjoys doing this,lol.

Top Bottom