• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A live stream of the worship service shows a person wearing a large coat stand up and then pull out what appears to be a rifle or a shotgun. The shooter appears to fire twice before another person appears to shoot back.

Many people in the congregation ducked under church pews while others rushed toward the shooter, holding up handguns, the video shows.

So, it could have been a lot worse had there not been armed, law-abiding citizens willing to risk their lives in the defense of others!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    This is about 20 min from me. Las Vegas Trl is one of the shittier parts of town.

From what I read, there was a security guard on duty who was able to take down the shooter.

Someone on a local FB page said their friend wasn't feeling well and stayed home, but his mom was there and is safe, but his good friend was killed.

Bum deal.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    This is like 25 minutes from my house in Fort Worth. My mothers church has like 10 people at the sermon that are in a security role all conceal carrying. Churches aren't as easy targets as schools because people are starting to go to them armed.

He got 2 folks before he got shot. I wonder if it was personal or if it was a rampage shoot.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I think it is from growing up in what should be a safe place. It just doesn't feel right. In these small Texas towns you think you know everybody. I am certainly reconsidering.
    I apologize. I thought you thought it was illegal to carry in church. The reality of the world is that there are evil and crazy people everywhere and there are no buildings immune to their behavior. The reason you would carry outside of a church are the reasons to carry inside a church or really, any gun free zone.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    My wife and I always leave our guns in the car at church. I don't think it is OK to carry in church.
    This is like 25 minutes from my house in Fort Worth. My mothers church has like 10 people at the sermon that are in a security role all conceal carrying. Churches aren't as easy targets as schools because people are starting to go to them armed.

He got 2 folks before he got shot. I wonder if it was personal or if it was a rampage shoot.
    From some sources it sounds like it was a security person that also died and a speaker shot.

https://twitter.com/HowertonNews/status/1211368830246817792

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I think it is from growing up in what should be a safe place. It just doesn't feel right. In these small Texas towns you think you know everybody. I am certainly reconsidering.
    I want it to be that way. A person really should be safe from violence in an educational setting or a house of worship. I think any person who is at least marginally civilized would agree. Unfortunately, there are plenty of sociopaths in the world who just see easy targets.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I want it to be that way. A person really should be safe from violence in an educational setting or a house of worship. I think any person who is at least marginally civilized would agree. Unfortunately, there are plenty of sociopaths in the world who just see easy targets.

We all wish such places were safe from violence, and society as a whole; but reality has taught us differently and I am not going to risk my life on it!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    From some sources it sounds like it was a security person that also died and a speaker shot.

https://twitter.com/HowertonNews/status/1211368830246817792

Notice the gun control idiots commenting on there actually believe that more laws would have prevented this.

As if murder isn't already against the law!

Of course, they ignore the fact that armed, law-abiding citizens kept this from being an even bigger massacre!

Top Bottom