• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I bought a set of JP Springs that are supposd to produce a 4# trigger pull for about $16
    Then I bought a pistol grip screw that has an internal set screw that lets you adjust the pretravel out of the trigger, $11 , free shipping

With the JP Springs only, I got a 4# pull, but it still had lots of pretravel.
    Next I installed the new grip screw and adjusted the internal set screw to take out pretravel. Now I have a nice 3.5# pull and it funcion checks fine.

I may not do this to every gun, but it you want a less expensive fix to a rough mil spec, it does work for under $30
    Guns International

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What's the deal with the grip screw, never heard of that.

I recently picked up a #6 tap and set screw with a goal to reduce pretravel. Tried drilling the trigger with no luck, then just drilled the lower with the bit coming out inside the trigger guard. Worked well by making the set screw adjustable with rifle assembled. Took out about 75% of the travel, maybe a little more.

Going further stops the safety selector from turning and causes unreliable reset. Think it cost about $15 for the tap, bit, and screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Did you consider polishing? I saw the gunsmithing videos for $39 bucks that I think teaches how to polish an AR trigger by a master gunsmith. Wouldn't mind learning that.
    I think that's what you see with the ALG ACT, is some polishing + NiB treatment. I have a couple of 3.5 lb triggers (CMC) but in truth I prefer closer to 4-4.5 for a battle rifle.
    Who manufactures the pistol grip art screw? I might pick one up for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I hate to point out the obvious, but in order for the pistol grip screw upgrade to work, your lower has to have been made where the pistol grip screw threaded hole comes all the way through the bottom of the lower

Top Bottom