IMG_6981.jpeg
    Venture Surplus ad

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    You carry guns? What are you, some kind of wannabe vigilante? We're supposed to be talking about naps, and food, and what kind of cars we liked when we were in high school.

Do you think this is some kind of gun forum? I've got it on good authority that we never talk about guns here.
    Don't forget the beans vs. no beans chili debate.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    So, @uilim, I'm getting that you open carry, or conceal with a jacket or untucked shirt. Just curious, but does the lack of a retention device on your holsters give you pause? I'm concerned that someone behind me may try to snatch my gun from the holster.

uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    I do not open carry. All 3 hide just fine under untucked shirts. The Rock 57 just so happens to have a 30 rd mag in it. The 30 are my extra mags. I am not a little guy and wear scrubs at work and untucked shirts or tee shirts.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    … Just curious, but does the lack of a retention device on your holsters give you pause? I'm concerned that someone behind me may try to snatch my gun from the holster.
    Not an invalid concern. My decision is more of a continuum. The deeper I conceal, the less I’m worried about retention and vice versa.

My mindset is fight to the death if someone gets within arms reach of me while also making it as difficult as possible for someone to actually get to the gun. Sometimes that means blading my body between me and anyone else. Walls are my friend, as is open space outdoors.

Thankfully, most Americans believe in a larger bubble of personal space. Strangers closing inside my personal space notch up the threat level, as does recognizing risk levels. Friday night going to the movie theater is a bigger risk that Saturday morning at the deer stand.

Controlling the environment and using available barriers goes a long way towards increasing security. FrEx, at the grocery store, use the cart as a barrier when standing in line or pulling something from the shelf. Speaking of, kneeling instead of bending over and not reaching for top shelf items are other ways to create space as a barrier.

Last edited:

uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    As to worry about retention devices. This is an issue if you carry. This applies to anything on your person. Knife, pepper spray, pen, money, cellphone and wallet. Also as shown shoes hats and other clothing. A snap is good for keeping your pistol in when running jumping and other activities. It will not stop a grab at all this includes lvl 3 holsters. They will stop a person who doesn’t know how they work but bad guys know how they work they teach it in the prisons. So they are false safety.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I do not open carry. All 3 hide just fine under untucked shirts. The Rock 57 just so happens to have a 30 rd mag in it. The 30 are my extra mags. I am not a little guy and wear scrubs at work and untucked shirts or tee shirts.

Interesting, how are you carrying these under scrubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom