• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Wife left today to spend a few days with her parents for fathers day. They live in Teague & have been there 16 years. In all those years she has gone to visit pretty faithfully.

When she leaves either here or their she does so @ 2:00 so she gets to eat lunch & doesn't need to stop. This morning as we are finishing breakfast the phone rings. I told her right off it was here parents about something really stupid. I ended up going & picking it up & sure enough it's her dad. I don't speak with them much as I don't like them. Instead of saying good morning her dad goes right to the big question "Has she left yet". Shaking my head in disbelief I tell him no she just got up, & I'll get her for him.

Turns out they wanted her to get there early so she could decontaminate from our happy home of Covid19. They wanter her to shower, do her laundry & wipe everything she brought down. I told he good thing its warm out because she will probably be doing it outside.

Hell if they were to catch it they would probably die right on schedule!
    Venture Surplus ad

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heaven forbid she has to run out to the car to get something. Oops... dont touch that door handle.

You cant stop it. Yes, precaution is good. I'm a bit of a germ freak myself. But, there is only so much you can do to mitigate any sickness floating around.

If my parents we're that concerned about it, I'd do them a favor and pass on the visit.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A few days ago a couple of masks show up in the mail. Turns out her parents sent them! Before she left I asked the wife if she understands she will me masked & gloved for her stay? I really hope her smokers cough drives bother her parents crazy & the ask her to leave early.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    After reading all of the above post, it seems like my mom and dad and my wife mom and dad are in the minority. I got along with my in-laws and my wife got along with my parents.

It's sad that both of my parents passed in 1999 and my wife mom passed in 2010 and her dad passed 2018.
    We all ways had a great time no matter which of our parents house we were at.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My family is fairly bizarre - at least in my opinion - but my wife's family is like a big psychiatric hospital on LSD. The f-in-law called yesterday demanding to know just when the hell my wife was going to arrive. My wife had to explain that she was coming Friday, not Thursday. It took several tries and making him go look at a calendar to get him to admit it wasn't Friday. They think I'm very smart because of all the hundreds of times they were about to do something stupid and I warned them against it. And, of course, they went ahead and did it, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've had two sets of in-laws... the first set was just flat out nasty. I almost had my FIL (a former cop, no less) arrested for trespass and assault. Same with a sister in law. My in-laws didn't like that I had a spine and wouldn't just snap to and do as they command.

Second (current) set... things were great initially. Then my FIL started to suffer from alzheimers or something, he made up a bunch of random, weird shit, pulled some shit I won't get into but it caused a BIG rift between me & them. Wifey tolerated some of it because they were her parents, and they'd lost her brother around the same time. Maybe his death triggered something but I just left for the day when they'd come over - either work an extra day, or go fishing. We'd get along on holidays but it got really difficult sometimes. When he died the relationship with my MIL improved - he was the locus of the vast majority of the problems we had with them. My MIL is kind of dingy, she's just from a different era, and she's had to learn to do a lot on her own. She's coming with us when we move to Texas in a couple months.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Wife left today to spend a few days with her parents for fathers day. They live in Teague & have been there 16 years. In all those years she has gone to visit pretty faithfully.

When she leaves either here or their she does so @ 2:00 so she gets to eat lunch & doesn't need to stop. This morning as we are finishing breakfast the phone rings. I told her right off it was here parents about something really stupid. I ended up going & picking it up & sure enough it's her dad. I don't speak with them much as I don't like them. Instead of saying good morning her dad goes right to the big question "Has she left yet". Shaking my head in disbelief I tell him no she just got up, & I'll get her for him.

Turns out they wanted her to get there early so she could decontaminate from our happy home of Covid19. They wanter her to shower, do her laundry & wipe everything she brought down. I told he good thing its warm out because she will probably be doing it outside.

Hell if they were to catch it they would probably die right on schedule!

Teague? I'm not surprised. We have a large population of Karens that are upset that we're not still on lockdown and mandating masks under penalty of death....many of them on the Board of Aldermen. I tend to give them the respect they deserve on the local FB pages. One Karen, frantic that I would kill her children just by wanting the city parks open, tried reporting me to my pastor. She didn't know my pastor well......or that I handle the FB page for my church.

PM me their names. I might know them.....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Teague? I'm not surprised. We have a large population of Karens that are upset that we're not still on lockdown and mandating masks under penalty of death....many of them on the Board of Aldermen. I tend to give them the respect they deserve on the local FB pages. One Karen, frantic that I would kill her children just by wanting the city parks open, tried reporting me to my pastor. She didn't know my pastor well......or that I handle the FB page for my church.

PM me their names. I might know them.....
    I aint claiming to even know them! Like I said about 16 years & I have never been to their house. When I told the wife the house was going to get listed & she mentioned it to them the real them came out. They seemed to think the wife & I should put a doublewide on their property.

I think her mom knows damn well when the old man dies she aint staying with us! The wife might be soul heir to their estate. I figure it's debt.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom