Spring

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I've considered several times in getting the prep foods packages, but most of it seems too fancy 3 meals a day stuff and pretty pricey. Stuff we don't usually eat anyway. In 'Nam I ate out of cans for 13 months and when lucky had the heat tabs or tiny bits of C4 to heat them up. Cold ham and lima beans sucked but Tabasco helped. The canned fruit was ok. I guess my idea of survival foods are too simplistic, all canned stuff like black beans, fish like mackeral and tuna, vegs, etc. But not knowing how long would have to survive, it's hard to determine how much to buy and store watching expiration dates. I do think it's something we all should consider though. The grocery shelves can empty damn fast in a crises...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Expiration dates in a sealed, non-dented can aren’t as important as we are being lead to believe. You might see some loss of flavor, but the viability lasts long after the product “expires”. In fact, many are “best by” dates which are not interchangeable with expiration dates. The EU had legislation to do away the best by dates in order to reduce waste. Farm to Fork they call it. Not sure if it was enacted or not..

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    We keep some spam, 50# beans, 50# rice. But I believe it's gonna be the luck of the draw who's left standing. Like the Hendrix song "Castles Made of Sand", and a surprise attack killed him in his sleep. Whatever calamity befalls us, it's gonna come from left field. PAX

Jimmy "frognought"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2019
    Texas, whitewright
    what
    Live the farmer lifestyle. My womenfolk can plenty of vegetables & make soups, etc

And we just put 400 lbs of pork in the freezer, so I think we’re good.

Got plenty of left over hog fat for bullet lube….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    do you do with all your meat in the freezer if we loose electricity. I worry about that some times

Top Bottom