• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Let me give you a little heads up on Les Baer. He is a complete "TURD".
    Several years ago I ordered a new Premier II 1911 from him. It arrived with a bluing defect. I called the company asking what their return policy was. A rather curt older woman told me the company was not responsible for shipping damage. I told her this was a bluing issue. The bluing was thin and bare metal showed through. No luck. I asked to talk to Les. It took me three calls to finally talk to him. He said he didn't care. He said if I was unhappy, I should sell it to someone else. He said his products were so popular, he didn't have to worry about customer service.
    I ordered my Premier II with the accuracy package (costs extra). I later learned from a local Baer dealer that Les test fires all of his 1911s prior to shipment. The ones that shoot well are set aside to fill this accuracy requirement. They don't do anything different in the builds, it is just a matter of luck in the build.
    I took Les up on his suggestion and have never bought another of his products.

Recently I wanted a custom 45 ACP and a 9mm. I contacted Wilson Combat. The entire experience was most enjoyable. They took the time to walk me through my options for the build. They kept in contact during the build process and notified me by phone that my pistol was shipping that day. Being a Army Veteran, Wilson Combat gave me a 10% discount. That amounted to $450 for my stainless Classic and $350 for my blued 9mm Classic.
    Wilson builds a 1911 correctly. A new Les Baer will arrive so tight you will need a crowbar to take it apart.
    Les tells you to shoot 500 or more rounds through his 1911s prior to disassembly and cleaning so they will loosen up. Wilsons arrive perfect right out of the canvas tote pouch!! A new Baer will 1911 arrive in a 10 cent cardboard box. Go figure.
    Gun Zone Deals

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    All you need to know is Les Baer = big dollars for a good gun, but then ask yourself, can you shoot better with it?

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Look on the internet and you can get a good idea of the customer service opinions for Les Baer.
    My 9mm WC Classic is the most accurate 1911 I have ever owned. I currently have twenty 1911s in my collection and I have sold probably twice that many over the years.
    We are again at the Ford vs Chevy situation again. The Wilsons cost a lot of money, but they perform better and smoother than any other pistol of any kind I have ever owned. I arrived at that conclusion after many years of shooting pistols and having owned a lot of pistols to choose from.
    Don't judge a firearm by what some one says. Judge it by your own personal experience with it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I only have a few, but I can't tell any difference.
    I don't really care for 1911s, I always have issues shooting them, and I don't like cleaning them.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I don't really care for 1911s.

crying-pug.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Several years ago I ordered a new Premier II 1911 from him. It arrived with a bluing defect. I called the company asking what their return policy was. A rather curt older woman told me the company was not responsible for shipping damage. I told her this was a bluing issue. The bluing was thin and bare metal showed through. No luck. I asked to talk to Les. It took me three calls to finally talk to him. He said he didn't care. He said if I was unhappy, I should sell it to someone else. He said his products were so popular, he didn't have to worry about customer service.
    I ordered my Premier II with the accuracy package (costs extra). I later learned from a local Baer dealer that Les test fires all of his 1911s prior to shipment. The ones that shoot well are set aside to fill this accuracy requirement. They don't do anything different in the builds, it is just a matter of luck in the build.

Recently I wanted a custom 45 ACP and a 9mm. I contacted Wilson Combat. The entire experience was most enjoyable. They took the time to walk me through my options for the build. They kept in contact during the build process and notified me by phone that my pistol was shipping that day. Being a Army Veteran, Wilson Combat gave me a 10% discount. That amounted to $450 for my stainless Classic and $350 for my blued 9mm Classic.
    Wilson builds a 1911 correctly. A new Les Baer will arrive so tight you will need a crowbar to take it apart.
    Les tells you to shoot 500 or more rounds through his 1911s prior to disassembly and cleaning so they will loosen up. Wilsons arrive perfect right out of the canvas tote pouch!! A new Baer will 1911 arrive in a 10 cent cardboard box. Go figure.
    So the Wilsons ran about $4500 and $3500 each and you are comparing them to a $2000 Les Baer?

I should hope for that price difference you are happier with the WC customer service.

While I agree that bad CS sucks, on the firing line the WCs at double the price probably aren't shooting any better. Not $2000 better anyways.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth

that's horrible. Though as far as tight is concerned, my Springfield TRP Operator feels like the slide and frame don't match. I've been told they are all like that.

This is what I was talking about, lol....

I'm one of those weirdos that likes the fancy packaging, even though I just toss them all in a storage bin. When I fird3got the LB I thought it was a generic gun box.

All you need to know is Les Baer = big dollars for a good gun, but then ask yourself, can you shoot better with it?

I dunno, I think I'll take it out this Friday and let you know

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I only have a few, but I can't tell any difference.
    I don't really care for 1911s, I always have issues shooting them, and I don't like cleaning them.
    same here. I have a few because my dad liked them and got me started... kind of like a gun you're "supposed to have" in the collection.

I shoot them fine, and carry a Delta Elite from time to time. But I do hate field stripping and reassembling them.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    that's horrible. Though as far as tight is concerned, my Springfield TRP Operator feels like the slide and frame don't match. I've been told they are all like that.
    I'm one of those weirdos that likes the fancy packaging, even though I just toss them all in a storage bin. When I fird3got the LB I thought it was a generic gun box.
    I dunno, I think I'll take it out this Friday and let you know
    Sent from my SIG Sauer

What ever, I don't care one way or another. If you like it and have the money buy. Most people can't out shoot a regular hand gun much less a custom made target gun. If you shoot better with it great, if not you still have a great looking gun, a win win deal.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    What ever, I don't care one way or another. If you like it and have the money buy. Most people can't out shoot a regular hand gun much less a custom made target gun. If you shoot better with it great, if not you still have a great looking gun, a win win deal.
    I'm at a point in my life where I shoot once a year. Last outing on my Bday was my first time in 18 months. I'm going again this Friday with my 9 year old twin boys, first time. Hopefully I can start getting back into it at last every few months.

Oh right, my point. I've been more of a collector than a shooter past 3 years or so. So yeah, nice guns are nice. And based on my last outing, I'm definitely not the marksman I once was.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    I'm at a point in my life where I shoot once a year. Last outing on my Bday was my first time in 18 months. I'm going again this Friday with my 9 year old twin boys, first time. Hopefully I can start getting back into it at last every few months.

Oh right, my point. I've been more of a collector than a shooter past 3 years or so. So yeah, nice guns are nice. And based on my last outing, I'm definitely not the marksman I once was.

As long as you are enjoying your time shooting and teach your boys proper safe handling of firearms, go for it and enjoy.
    Sent from my SIG Sauer

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom