• pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So I get this email today:
    IMG_3016.png

Which is strange, because I never signed-up for this.

So I had to “unsubscribe” from this, which isn’t easy.
    You can’t do it on the thermostat itself.
    You can’t do it from the app.

I had to go to this website:
    WHICH IVE NEVER BEEN TO BEFORE

Then I had to dick around to figure out what my login is FOR A FUCKING WEBSITE IVE NEVER BEEN TO BEFORE
    (it uses your google login)

Then I had to dig deep into the site to find where the settings are to TURN THIS FUCKING FEATURE OFF THAT I NEVER TURNED ON IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Rant over.
    If you have a Nest, you might want to make sure yours didn’t get activated like ours did (we have 3).
    Target Sports

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Up to this point you had to opt-in for these things.

Evidently (at least in my case) now you have to manually opt-out.
    OR - you can take back control of your own life and decisions and get rid of all the 'smart' devices... especially the ones that require Apps to function. Not only do they make decisions for you, your data is no longer private. But that's not even the worst of it. Is your fridge online too? You have 3 Nests? What the hell for??

Quit delegating control to others ya young dufus.

Now get off my lawn. :laughing:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    OR - you can take back control of your own life and decisions and get rid of all the 'smart' devices... especially the ones that require Apps to function. Not only do they make decisions for you, your data is no longer private. But that's not even the worst of it. Is your fridge online too? You have 3 Nests? What the hell for??

Quit delegating control to others ya young dufus.

Now get off my lawn. :laughing:
    Buddy of mine has home security (through Xfinity I think) that he controls with an app. He has cameras throughout and is able to view what’s happening on his phone. He even can control the lights from his app. One time were both in Atlanta visiting another friend, and he gave us a demo. His wife was watching TV, and he kept turning the light on and off via the app. She flipped us off through the camera, and he got in trouble when he got back to Houston. No way would I ever open my home up to cameras with internet access…

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I've been getting emails asking if I want to enroll into the energy company controlling my thermostat, I'd get money for enrolling. No way. I have a Honeywell thermostat, I like controlling it with my voice. At least she listens.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I've been getting emails asking if I want to enroll into the energy company controlling my thermostat, I'd get money for enrolling. No way. I have a Honeywell thermostat, I like controlling it with my voice. At least she listens.
    Your thermostat is voice controlled? Can she interact with other smart devices you have?

Top Bottom