• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What are that gonna do, throw potato’s at the drug lords?

Might as well put the people who ran CHAZ in charge of supplies and logistics.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Saw it last night.

Meh- very thin plot. Little to do with a civil war. A bit more to do with the trials of four journalists. Some decent fight scenes. Otherwise- a yawner.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Saw it last night.

Meh- very thin plot. Little to do with a civil war. A bit more to do with the trials of four journalists. Some decent fight scenes. Otherwise- a yawner.
    Agreed. I had no expectations therefore I wasn't too disappointed, at least the last round fired hit it's mark.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    *** SPOILERS AHEAD ***

Garland's worst film. Coming on the heels of "Men" I suspect he now believes he has enough power to make the movies he wants to make and show his true colors as a woke lib.

The President in the movie seems to be Trump with a Bush Jr accent. As such he is portrayed as stupid and arrogant, and ultimately a coward summary execution.

The Reporters in this are your typical heroic liberal uncovering the truth. Though they are only interested in uncovering certain truths.

The War is depicted the way liberals understand war: crazy and inexplicable. Every war scene has some ridiculous component that shows just how insane the idea of war is.

The Action is at times silly. An Apache struggles to safely hover over a city street between two tall buildings so it can fire Hellfire missiles 25 feet into an adjacent building, even as an M1 tank with a perfectly good main gun sits idle on the street below.

Bottom line: this is a movie about how heroic journalists are using the backdrop of a civil war. I suspect the movie added TX and FL to the opposition and toned down the Pres' political statements to make it less one-sided. It didn't help.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I saw it tonight. The suicide bomber scene was ridiculous. Im sure Kimber the onlyfans model is going to pull a allah akbar on a group of people

Also the part with the dude with the red glasses was good but I later read that the director said that group was suppose to represent “white nationalists” give me a fucking break with this bullshit

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    From what I’ve heard it sounds more like a journalist propaganda movie advertised as an action movie that refuses to expand on any politics while being set in a world created by political division and containing very little action.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Joseph Goebbels made a few "movies" during WW 2
    Well, Leni Reifenstahl made movies during WW2 and I think those are the ones people remember.

Always left me internally conflicted, though. All that talent producing magnificent works of art in service to the Nazi cause?

She taught me the definition of cognitive dissonance.

Sad how she ended up.

I'm drifting again. Sorry.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I thought about seeing CW today. But, after reading numerous reviews, I realized the movie is more focused on the struggles of modern journalists participating in the overall inhumanity of current society.....

.....I can watch that on Twitter for free.

So.....deciding between MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANY WARFARE and ABIGAIL now.....

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Has anyone seen it yet. I am reluctant because the director disagrees with the premise that Americans are exceptional.
    I saw it, a waste of time and money, not a single redeeming factor. Just some news people experiencing the hazards of warfare on the fringes away from the battles. No mention of who the combatants are or why they are fighting.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Lots of spoilers out there so I don't mind asking "What's the point of making a movie about a civil war if you don't show the audience why the war started?"

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    The previews play up the civil war but it's really a movie about photo journalism and the joy of defeating fascism. In other words, it's a war fantasy for libs.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Went over to Hondo to eat some BBQ at Heavy's and see the move Civil War at the Raye Theater. Movie was pretty decent and might give you some thought about where this ol' country is headed. Only thing that didn't make any sense is that only two states rebelled against the Fed. Texas and wait for this... California. Most of the movie centered around war journalists and photographers chasing the combat. Won't give details as this would spoil things if you see the flick. The TX/CA bunch used the US flag but with only two big white stars. Was worth the price of a ticket but will likely be streaming pretty soon.

Top Bottom