• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Too bad I just spent the money on a real 10mm . But seriously. I had a hipoint pistol. It was a shooter but the draw backs were the single stack mags and that heavy slide.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I might get one just for shits and giggles. MSRP is $225.00 so it is likely that this may end up being the first new 10mm pistol that you can buy for less than $200 as I don't think that has ever happened before.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    2 boxes of ammo and you've exceeded the cost of the gun itself.

Laughing.gif

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Too bad I just spent the money on a real 10mm . But seriously. I had a hipoint pistol. It was a shooter but the draw backs were the single stack mags and that heavy slide.

On the plus side you don't need an anchor for the boat or the horse n buggy.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Might be ugly, BUT if it is reliable, then this is a very CHEAP truck gun, bury in the ground for CW2. Provide as a weapon for your SHTF group, ETC.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Might be ugly, BUT if it is reliable, then this is a very CHEAP truck gun, bury in the ground for CW2. Provide as a weapon for your SHTF group, ETC.
    A blowback 10mm isn't what I'd be handing out to people who have likely never handled a gun.

Burying a hi point is reasonable. Even better if the land ends up as a Walmart parking lot.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I know a couple of people who own Hi Points. They say they're reliable even though crude, and have a lifetime guarantee. I've been tempted to get one of their carbines in 10mm.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I've seen some Hipoint torture tests on youtube. There's a guy out there that just flat tries to wear a 9mm out. Peeps, running over in the mud, shoots it with another gun. The things just keeps firing. Ugly as a gorilla's behind hole, but that danged thing kept shooting. Says a lot about the central design.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I've seen some Hipoint torture tests on youtube. There's a guy out there that just flat tries to wear a 9mm out. Peeps, running over in the mud, shoots it with another gun. The things just keeps firing. Ugly as a gorilla's behind hole, but that danged thing kept shooting. Says a lot about the central design.
    I remember seeing where someone threaded a bolt in the barrel and shot it and the thing still worked right afterwards. I think they welded a barrel shut and that finally did it in.

As I recall there was another guy torture testing one and it took all his abuse until he threw the pistol and the frame broke on impact.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I remember seeing where someone threaded a bolt in the barrel and shot it and the thing still worked right afterwards. I think they welded a barrel shut and that finally did it in.

As I recall there was another guy torture testing one and it took all his abuse until he threw the pistol and the frame broke on impact.

I don’t know what “pot metal” actually is- but it ain’t a forging. Just make it bigger, heavier, and uglier and it’ll run. Show me a 1911 Nighthawk that you can run a few hot Peeps through that will continue to shoot. I might have to buy one of these in 45 AARP (apologies to Toddnjoyce).

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    That was demolition ranch, iirc. He shot the pistol the barrel hood/chamber with a .22 where the gun is the strongest.

It's a blowback pistol, so technically as long as the barrel can hold the pressure it will cycle, for example I've seen a guy shoot 7-8 rounds through a keltec sub 2000 and they all got stuck in the barrel, and it could have kept going.

Top Bottom