• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'm using an Alinco DR-735 with a digital board for secure comms. It only required plugging the board and a few key strokes for operation. Additional security is there were only a small number of the boards built and our group has about 20 percent of them.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Has anyone had success programming an Anytone AT-D878 in DMR mode? These radios have been more difficult to understand the programming than any I've ever seen.

OldChap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2021
    Houston area
    I'm not sure what your question was, but here goes. FM modulation on CB radio bands might be considered to be somewhat secure until such time as sales of CB radios with FM capability becomes popular.

Basically, only encryption is secure (assuming you protect the decryption codes) but is closely guarded by the FCC.

My view...the CB radio band (27mhz) utilizing.available modes of modulation, AM, FM, SSB is useful in emergency situations because it is easily monitored - or at least will be when FM transceivers are more available.

Ham radio transceivers can provide more "secure" communications on higher frequency bands and utilizing alternative modes of modulation, although again, without encryption, no transmission is really secure regardless of mode of modulation or frequency. Of course, Ham radio requires licensing but the process is much easier than it was in the past.

Not sure any of this helps you.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The 1.25m band, found only on some tri-band HT's, could also be considered a "secret" radio band for short range simplex FM communications.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Ham radio transceivers can provide more "secure" communications on higher frequency bands and utilizing alternative modes of modulation, although again, without encryption, no transmission is really secure regardless of mode of modulation or frequency. Of course, Ham radio requires licensing but the process is much easier than it was in the past.
    The addition of the digital board on the Alinco DR-735 provides reasonably secure voice communications as there were only a small number of digital boards built by Alinco. Communications in the digital mode are unable to be received by radios without the digital board installed.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'd estimate there are close to 2000 repeaters using this ham band.
    Not one I can hit with an HT... For that matter, I haven't been able to hit one at 50w.... Closest 1.25m repeater to me is 64 miles.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom