TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Got an email from Shoot Smart:

And then there were two...

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Smart Shooters! Great news - we bought a range today! Here is an excerpt from the press release going out today to the media.​
    "Shoot Smart Indoor Range and Training Center will open its second Metroplex location this week in Grand Prairie by acquiring local competitor, Great Southwest Gun & Archery, located at 2440 W. Main Street.​
    "The new Grand Prairie location is expected to serve a quarter-million Texans from Dallas to Grapevine and the Mid-Cities. This new location, conveniently located off Main Street in Grand Prairie, just south of I-30 between TX-360 and the PGBT, will complement Shoot Smart's existing location in north Fort Worth. The new location is being renovated to include private shooting booths, upgraded lanes, and state-of-the-art target equipment.​
    "We're really excited about the opportunity to serve a greater slice of North Texas," said Jared Sloane, Shoot Smart's chief operating officer. "And to offer our new customers a unique shooting experience that's unlike any other range in the state."​
    Making the move...
    Our team transitioning Great Southwest to Shoot Smart Grand Prairie includes Marily Haley, Manager, Scott Thornton, Assistant Manager, and Chris Wright, Assistant Manager. Jennifer Quigley, a veteran Shoot Smart team member, has been promoted to Assistant Manager at Shoot Smart Alliance. Jared Sloane, Chief Operations Officer, will serve as the project manager throughout the remodel and construction phases. Please join us in congratulating them and wish them the best of luck!​

Stay tuned for more information. Like us on Facebook to stay on top of current events and updates on Shoot Smart Grand Prairie.​
    We look forward to sharing our success with you - our loyal staff, friends, members, and customers - and we hope you are as excited as us to reach out and serve more customers throughout the Metroplex. It is one more step towards achieving our greater goals. We could not have done this without your support. Thank you! And congratulations!​
    Venture Surplus ad

Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    DFW
    Awesome! I love the one in Fort Worth and this is even closer to me (but not as easy to get to). I'll have to check it out soon!

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    They've really changed it a lot and there's a lot more construction going on to make it nicer. Looking forward to when it's all finished.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I didn't know about the change until I took a friend shooting a lil while back. They've made it look nicer inside and their customer service was awesome (I thought the guys that ran it as GSWG were good as well). It was also cheaper overall than GSWG because they give a larger discount to those that are members of TLS

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I heard they were getting rid of archery sales, though, which disappointed me since I'm also into archery. Are they going to also get rid of the indoor archery lanes? I used to shoot my bow at their archery lanes while waiting for a shooting lane to open up when it was really busy (usually on weekends), and GSWG would give me a discount for shooting both.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I heard they were getting rid of archery sales, though, which disappointed me since I'm also into archery. Are they going to also get rid of the indoor archery lanes? I used to shoot my bow at their archery lanes while waiting for a shooting lane to open up when it was really busy (usually on weekends), and GSWG would give me a discount for shooting both.

My understanding is yes, archery is gone.

Top Bottom