Ninth Circuit: Felons can have firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I know plenty of people who have been to prison, got out and now run successful businesses. It’s bullshit they pay their debt to society but can’t legally own a firearm. Yet the same ones crying they shouldn’t be allowed have no problem having these guys in their homes to fix AC’S, remodel or maintain them.

Quite frankly it’s a whole hell of a lot easier to obtain anything illegally than it is the right way. So the fact they want to obtain it legally says a lot. Must be nice to have made it through life being so perfect, I’m curious how one manages that?
    Gun Zone Deals

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I believe in the 2nd Amendment, but...
    Exactly if you believe in the 2nd then there can't be government gun control. Criminal control is the only way. If someone is too dangerous to have in society then they have to be incarcerated period. If society decides you have paid your penalty then you should get your rights back. Quit putting drug users in prison just for using drugs make room for people who need to go to jail and make it a serious punishment for using firearms in the commission of a crime. No plea bargaining to a lessor crime. And we are in charge of protecting ourselves against criminals and our corrupt government, we have to start electing politicians that understand and uphold the Constitution without exception.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is it just me or does it seem as if non-criminal citizens rights are being eroded daily while the criminals gain? At this rate all we will be able to do in the face of crime is get out of the way.
    Criminals still face the same restrictions as we do. Their rights are being eroded right along with ours.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Criminals still face the same restrictions as we do. Their rights are being eroded right along with ours.

Honestly, I am considerably less sympathetic to a convicted felon having their rights eroded than I am for a law-abiding citizen!

Our justice system is seriously flawed, as the stats that I posted prove. Rehabilitation is not a guarantee that a convicted felon will not commit another crime. In fact, the odds are against it.

The focus should be on those who haven't committed a felony--by definition a crime which involves physical violence or some type of action that can cause extreme harm psychologically. Felonies involving nonviolent activities are still considered extremely harmful to society.

Any efforts to resurrect the rights of individuals who are most likely to be repeat offenders should not be a priority!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Honestly, I am considerably less sympathetic to a convicted felon having their rights eroded than I am for a law-abiding citizen!

Our justice system is seriously flawed, as the stats that I posted prove. Rehabilitation is not a guarantee that a convicted felon will not commit another crime. In fact, the odds are against it.

The focus should be on those who haven't committed a felony--by definition a crime which involves physical violence or some type of action that can cause extreme harm psychologically. Felonies involving nonviolent activities are still considered extremely harmful to society.

Any efforts to resurrect the rights of individuals who are most likely to be repeat offenders should not be a priority!

My comment wasn’t in regards to anyone’s sympathies. Just a matter of fact.

I’ve given my opinion of criminals. I thought I was pretty clear. If someone is released they should be deserving of all their rights being restored. If they can’t be trusted then they shouldn’t have been released.

Some felonies are not indicative of having a proclivity for violent actions. Some turn their life around after committing a felony. Some should never have been released.

Maybe just start sending them to other countries as refugees.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    The man on the left is a police officer. The guy on the right was stopped by the police officer for a traffic violation. The bad guy killed the police officer and is in jail for now and has no remorse for the killing.

Ah! but he has nothing to fear when (and if) he gets back on the streets, (as per a lot of post here)he will be able to purchase a fire arm and carry it with him any time he wants. To me, that sucks and should never happen.

14533586905586653976.jpg

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    He should never get out of prison. The problem is not the firearm and never has been. Proper punishment of those who use a firearm is the problem. And the constant attack on the 2nd Amendment is the result of government getting away with gun control which the Constitution says is unconstitutional.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    He should never get out of prison. The problem is not the firearm and never has been. Proper punishment of those who use a firearm is the problem. And the constant attack on the 2nd Amendment is the result of government getting away with gun control which the Constitution says is unconstitutional.
    I agree. He should never get out of prison.

The point I was trying to make is that certain felons should not be able to buy a fire arm as some people want any felon to be able to buy them.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Martha Stuart is a felon. She should be able to own firearms. that cop killer not so much. I wonder how many felons today are felons but lack any conviction or arrest of a violent crime and are simply felons with no real “victim“ of the crimes they were convicted of.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The man on the left is a police officer. The guy on the right was stopped by the police officer for a traffic violation. The bad guy killed the police officer and is in jail for now and has no remorse for the killing.

Ah! but he has nothing to fear when (and if) he gets back on the streets, (as per a lot of post here)he will be able to purchase a fire arm and carry it with him any time he wants. To me, that sucks and should never happen.

View attachment 451639
    No Law will stop that man, or any other that is not locked up or dead, that wants to get or carry a firearm from getting one. They will buy it legally, illegally or they will steal it.
    Any Law that attempts to stop them WILL fail, and has, and only make life and firearm ownership harder for law abiding citizens.
    The only way to keep criminals from obtaining any type of weapon and possibly using it on the rest of us is to never let them out of prison. Period.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Well the 2nd says no gun control by government.
    Basically says the same thing about the 1st ..no laws abridging freedom of speech but many laws and restrictions exists that do that very thing.

If you stood in the street and yelled to your neighbor you were going to kill him, you'd probably get arrested.

If you walked down the street naked..arrested

If you threatened a politician...you'd be arrested and charged.

Are these restrictions against the constitution?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

View attachment 451639
    I don't like these kind of arguments because it's basically saying that it's ok to determine one man's rights by another man's actions. That guy should never see the light of day. They should have stuck a needle in his arm and been done with it, but they didn't. That's a failing of the criminal justice system. It doesn't change the fact that a person's rights should be fully restored upon completion of their sentence. If that idea doesn't sit well with you, then argue for a change in how people are sentenced instead of for the denial of their rights upon release.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I agree. He should never get out of prison.

The point I was trying to make is that certain felons should not be able to buy a fire arm as some people want any felon to be able to buy them.
    Darn right I want any felon to be able to keep and bear - because this isn't about whether or not they'll get a gun, legally or not, it's about the government violating the Second Amendment of the Constitution.

The Court finding there is indeed infringement benefits both the criminal AND the law abiding citizen.

Not to be lost in all this, Bruen also lays the ground work for the repeal of the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Top Bottom