• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have an extremely nosey neighbor. He and his wife are not at all sneaky about it. They will stand on the street along my good neighbor James's property with a camera with a telephoto lens.

They seem to not be interested as much in me. Probably because their actions visibly bother James, and I guess they know that I don't give a ______.
    Either that or his wife pointed the camera in my direction and saw my fat naked ass jumping in the pool. :laughing:

It got so bad that James sold his property and the nosey neighbors tried the same with them, but the new neighbors are not as easily rattled and also don't seem to mind fighting back when Doug the Lib crosses the line.

So I guess my strategy is to show them enough to make them blush, but not enough to let them know what really goes on.
    One thing for sure. if ever the SHTF. I do know what neighbors can be considered allies, what neighbor is on his own.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Don't let 'em in the house. Don't open carry in the front yard. Etc.
    Depends on the situation. It's not always necessary to be that paranoid.

My next door neighbor called me a couple of nights ago asking me to investigate the vicious dog in my backyard that was trying to break through the fence to get to her two little dogs. She knows I don't have a dog.

I grabbed the closest gun, a .45 sitting on top of the microwave, a flashlight and headed outside. After finding nothing, we talked a bit and then her brother came out of the house. The "vicious" dog walked up to him from behind a bush, gave a little sniff and loped off across the street.

I thought I recognized the dog so I knocked on the door of the neighbor on the other side of me. As we were talking, her dog named Dice walked up and she put him back in her backyard.

All problems solved. Multiple neighbors out on the street talking it over. A little small talk later, we all went back inside.

I was wearing gym shorts with no place to stash my pistol. All my neighbors were completely unfazed at spending a chunk of time with the fat old man with a .45 in his hand, mostly pointed at the ground.

I'm not afraid of my neighbors knowing I have guns. They're good neighbors that I've known a long time. We've exchanged many favors over the years.

I'm willing to rely on them if the SHTF. I know they will rely on me for some things, too.

Amusing (to me, at least) Addendum - Dice has lived in that backyard without a problem for years even though it only has a decorative, waist-high fence between the house and garage. He never figured out that he could jump over it. Well, neighbors son brought his dog over, put him in the back yard, and it immediately hurdled the fence. Dumb ol' Dice observed and learned.

I have a feeling I'm going to be bringing him back home again in the future. :)

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Depends on the situation. It's not always necessary to be that paranoid.

My next door neighbor called me a couple of nights ago asking me to investigate the vicious dog in my backyard that was trying to break through the fence to get to her two little dogs. She knows I don't have a dog.

I grabbed the closest gun, a .45 sitting on top of the microwave, a flashlight and headed outside. After finding nothing, we talked a bit and then her brother came out of the house. The "vicious" dog walked up to him from behind a bush, gave a little sniff and loped off across the street.

I thought I recognized the dog so I knocked on the door of the neighbor on the other side of me. As we were talking, her dog named Dice walked up and she put him back in her backyard.

All problems solved. Multiple neighbors out on the street talking it over. A little small talk later, we all went back inside.

I was wearing gym shorts with no place to stash my pistol. All my neighbors were completely unfazed at spending a chunk of time with the fat old man with a .45 in his hand, mostly pointed at the ground.

I'm not afraid of my neighbors knowing I have guns. They're good neighbors that I've known a long time. We've exchanged many favors over the years.

I'm willing to rely on them if the SHTF. I know they will rely on me for some things, too.

Amusing (to me, at least) Addendum - Dice has lived in that backyard without a problem for years even though it only has a decorative, waist-high fence between the house and garage. He never figured out that he could jump over it. Well, neighbors son brought his dog over, put him in the back yard, and it immediately hurdled the fence. Dumb ol' Dice observed and learned.

I have a feeling I'm going to be bringing him back home again in the future. :)
    Yep once they learn they never forget. My dog learned how-to get out of the yard then it was a battle of wits to keep him in.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    bewitched.gif

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Gladys (sp)

:green:
    HA! That's the nickname I call my wife Gladys Kravitz. My wife will say something to me like "did you know the neighbor came home at 3:00 this morning", or "I don't think the people 3 doors down ever go to the grocery store since I see the Kroger truck deliver there at least twice a week". So, yeah, I live with Gladys.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Luckily most of my neighbors have whole house water collection systems, some have cattle, chickens, goats, gardens, mini farms and solar systems. It's all pretty common around me, and my neighbors can't really see my house.

I open carry on my land all the time, don't really care what they think. I already know who the allies are :D. My situation may be the exception though.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    that nosy neighbor is gona steal your guns
    well because guns make people do stupid stuff

No a crook is a crook and they dont care if you have a gun they are going to watch your place and get stuff if they can guns or no guns.

Now if they know you have firearms,alarms, cameras and dogs they will be to chickenshit to try and steal your stuff because the dogs might bite them the cameras and alarms might alert you to come home and nuke them

So its best that they see you carry all the time see your dogs barking at them when they are on the other side of the fence you should set off your alarm every now and then and leave your camera system where its easy to spot the cameras and let them know you only work 3 minutes away so if there is a problem at your home just call and you will be there in an instant.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    HA! That's the nickname I call my wife Gladys Kravitz. My wife will say something to me like "did you know the neighbor came home at 3:00 this morning", or "I don't think the people 3 doors down ever go to the grocery store since I see the Kroger truck deliver there at least twice a week". So, yeah, I live with Gladys.
    On the other hand, if/when things go really sideways, you have a good source of intel you might not otherwise have. :)

Top Bottom