• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Went to start the bike this morning and discovered it had too much drink last night and vomited about 1/2L of pink fluid, so I took the truck.
    d9d11422e48f551c9f11dadfc1e7b242.jpg

Came home and figured out the pink fluid was very pricey Italian coolant. Wondered if the bike had been reading the assisted suicide thread.

Anyways, started with the hose unions and found a loose clamp that allowed the hose to nearly come off the return to the radiator. Fixed that and found the l rare Eni organic duc coolant for a mere $26/liter locally so I spent an hour going back and forth to the cycle shop, topped it off, and tried to do a test run. Well, the beak with the MAF sensor had to come off and I hadn’t put it back on so had to address that, then cleared the engine diagnostic code and ran it up to make sure the leak was fixed.

To celebrate this victory of American ingenuity over Italian engineering, I poured a bourbon, lit the grill, and put some steaks on. Now the goddamn gnats are drowning themselves in my bourbon.

Can’t win for losing, I guess.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ‘14 Ducati Multistrada
    Could have been much more expensive if you hadn't seen it in the morning.
    Yeah, we have a symbiotic relationship. It doesn’t make expensive repairs or maintenance and I don’t shoot it.

So far, sets of tires have been the most expensive upkeep, but I did have a warrantied electronic suspension repair in year 2 of ownership. If I had to pay for that, it would have cost .45ACP.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Went to start the bike this morning and discovered it had too much drink last night and vomited about 1/2L of pink fluid, so I took the truck.

Came home and figured out the pink fluid was very pricey Italian coolant. Wondered if the bike had been reading the assisted suicide thread.

Anyways, started with the hose unions and found a loose clamp that allowed the hose to nearly come off the return to the radiator. Fixed that and found the l rare Eni organic duc coolant for a mere $26/liter locally so I spent an hour going back and forth to the cycle shop, topped it off, and tried to do a test run. Well, the beak with the MAF sensor had to come off and I hadn’t put it back on so had to address that, then cleared the engine diagnostic code and ran it up to make sure the leak was fixed.

To celebrate this victory of American ingenuity over Italian engineering, I poured a bourbon, lit the grill, and put some steaks on. Now the goddamn gnats are drowning themselves in my bourbon.

What Italian motorcycle do you have?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

You could switch to shots of organic duc coolant.
    If it's organic...

Top Bottom