• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Yeah I mighta spoke too soon, lol, 3" in the last 3 hrs, still raining.
    Made a run to Woodville, 10 seconds after we got home & the groceries from the truck the power went out. Still out. Which I don't mind really... except for the part of not knowing if it's gonna be for 10 min, 10 hours, 10 days, 10 weeks... Knowing would help with decisions now. Oh well. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Yeah I mighta spoke too soon, lol, 3" in the last 3 hrs, still raining.
    Made a run to Woodville, 10 seconds after we got home & the groceries from the truck the power went out. Still out. Which I don't mind really... except for the part of not knowing if it's gonna be for 10 min, 10 hours, 10 days, 10 weeks... Knowing would help with decisions now. Oh well. :)
    Update. Power Co says 10 hrs. We'll see.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I thought you had invested in solar generator(s)?
    Yeppers. We have two Oupes portables; the 1800 that I'll likely bring to the kitchen for the microwave for supper tonight & coffee in the morning if need be, and I recently picked up their little 600 to charge devices (phone, tablet, 2 wifi thingies). With it being cool outside, no need to fire up the dual fuel gen for A/C, etc. The fridge & freezers will be fine as they are - if it extends past tonight we'll plug them in to something. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    How well would those work with cloud cover?
    They work great until you need to charge them up. :D

If this rain event lasts more than a couple days, we will charge them with the gen. Likely the power will be back on before then and we'll charge them that way. If not, and the sun stays hidden, we can live nicely without electricity, long term. Many options, here. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I hope you don't lose your groceries!
    Thanks, we won't!
    Chilly inside, heating up some of this morning's coffee.
    Tea light candles, 10 min. :)

1000000036.jpg

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Quit here too about a half hour ago. Little over 3 total.

Don’t know how much we got. But all the drainage for overflowing on the ponds are running wide open down to the creek. It’s pretty full now too but flowing good so I don’t think I’ll have any problems with flooding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Don’t know how much we got. But all the drainage for overflowing on the ponds are running wide open down to the creek. It’s pretty full now too but flowing good so I don’t think I’ll have any problems with flooding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Glad to hear.
    We should be okay too; the house and most of the cleared area is the high ground, the surrounding thicket slopes down to the creek. Haven't been down there but I bet it's ample. Don't think much more is forecast.

Are your cows happy now? :)

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Watch out, I understand the Express models (like mine) have detents inside the mag tube that'll prevent shells from working with the extension. You may need to do a little filing inside the tube to make it work. I've been considering a +3 extension for mine for years.
    Well I finally got around to getting it done today.

I knew I'd have them detents to deal with. The instructions from Choate Machine Tool say to drill them out with 3/16" bit, but I wasted an hour trying to smooth them out instead.

I had watched a Brownell's YouTube where they used a detent removal tool that they offer - its like a mandrel (proper term?) that one drives into the magazine to push them out. So I used a 1/2" socket extension about the right size - well it wasn't quite large enough and I couldn't get the detents smoothed out enough, so I wound up drilling them out anyway (plus filing to clean-up the drilled holes).

Finished product works like its supposed to and its comforting to know that I have a boomstick "at the ready" that holds 10 rounds of 00 thumpers!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom