• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Things you learned from your fathers, grandfathers, uncles, or other elders that has served you well to pass along to the younger generations.
    Some of mine...

Buy a quality item and take good care of it, and it will last you many years. My father.

If you have to fight someone, fight dirty and survive. If there isn't a referee, there are no rules. My father.

If you find yourself having to fight, hit them in the throat and take out their kneecaps. A man can't fight if he can't breath or stand! My Uncle Bill.

If you can be five minutes late, then you can be five minutes early. Ny Uncle Goober.

Learn your job, and learn it well, then learn everyone else's job and do it better. My Uncle Goober.

Be the first one in the morning, make the coffee, and be the last one to leave at night. My Uncle Goober.

On payday, fill up the tank on your vehicle, and buy groceries for the week. My father.

If you are going to cheat on your wife, make sure what you're cheating with is better than what you have at home. You may end up with her! John, an old timer I worked with many years ago.

God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. My grandfather.

Take care of your tools and they will take care of you. My father.
    Venture Surplus ad

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If you start a fight for no reason and win, you will have to fight me next. If someone is abusing a woman, child or animal, you aren't starting a fight, you are defending someone less able to defend themselves. You fight me instead if you fail to. From my Pop. He meant it.

There is no such thing as a fair fight. Don't start it but use whatever you have to to win. From my Mom.
    She meant it to. I have seen combat vets look for a place to hide when she got mad. They said combat was safer.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Always return a borrowed item in better condition than when you received it- Dad

If you are on time, you are late. -Dad

If you work for someone do your best, and then some. -Dad

Don't base your integrity on other's behavior-Dad

A good deed never goes unpunished, do good anyway. - Mom

Jab with the left, aim for the nose-Dad

You are solely responsible for your actions, no one can make you do a damn thing-Dad

There are so many more...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Don't trust the food from a skinny chef - My Dad
    Leave things how you found them. If the gate is closed, close the gate after you go thru. My Dad

My now 24 year old daughter wrote a father's day letter to me when she turned 19. In it she listed several life lesson I gave her that she believed were important and would serve her in life. It was the greatest gift I ever received from her

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    On time is late, half hour early is on time.

NEVER leave the job you have until you are guaranteed a job elsewhere.

Keep your mouth shut, and your ears open.

Never stop learning. Doesn't matter what it is, just never stop learning.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My father taught me many great things, by example more than words.

Do what is right, no matter what anyone says and no matter what the cost. That cost will only be paid on this earth, a reward will await in eternity.

The only things you can be guaranteed to carry to your grave are your faith in God and your good name.

Integrity - always.

Your tithe to God comes first, everything else comes after.

Stand up for those being wronged, for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right.

Take care of things so they will be last and you can be proud of them.

There are times to draw a line in the sand.

The color of a person's skin makes no difference at all. How they choose to act can make a difference.

Help someone in need.

Respect is something that is earned.

Persistence pays off.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    These are my dad's
    If you want to cry, I'll give you something to cry about!

If you want that bad enough, you can work for it.

If you can't pay cash for it, you aint worked long or hard enough for it.

If you plan on driving a car when you hit 16 your ass need to start saving now!

Don't even look @ Mexican girls! They don't even need to get naked to get pregnant, then next thing you know you have 5 kids.

Is the phucing you doing worth the phucing your going to get?

We aint raising any bastard kids for you!

You will get a high school diploma if you live under my roof. A GED aint a diploma.

Don't expect me to pay for college for you, because all you did in high school was get phuced up & chase pussy.

We aint college people!

If your smart enough to get a full scholarship, then you can go to college.

Only 3 things you need college for, doctor lawyer & engineer.

If you go to jail don't call home.

I'm glad you moved to Texas & got away from this shithole!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Mr. Relling (former employer of my mom and dear family friend) taught me how to fish.
    Uncle Ken taught me how to drive.
    Uncle Ken taught me to never gamble more than a preset amount you are willing to lose and if you do lose - the worst thing you can do is to keep gambling and try to win it back.
    Uncle Ken taught me the joy of keeping and how to keep tropical fish.
    Poppie (my great-grandfather) taught me generosity, joviality, how to tell a good story, that life is an adventure if you make it one (by way of some great memories he had, of his life as a young man, and shared with me), gave me a love of knives (he had quite the pocket knife collection), that men make the better chefs and that leftover goulash mixed in a heavily buttered frying pan with leftover spaghetti in tomato sauce was one of the best eats ever.
    Mommie, my great-grandmother (Poppie's wife of around 67 years) passed onto me my love of apfelstrudel and taught me about memories being such a precious part of life as were the things from her distant past she could remember when she had what was probably dementia.
    My mother passed onto me a good work ethic and the fact that caring for family (and friends who were as close as family - like Mr. Relling) came first regardless of hardships (and she had many hardships).
    Sadly, about all my father taught ever me was how to be a nasty sack of shit.

Top Bottom