• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I wasn't quite sure where else this could go but I was thinking of food/beverges and Cooking seemed like as good a place as any.

Anyway, I've been eating a paleo-diet meaning that I'm eating very simple foods that our ancestors would have eaten. Vegetables, fruits, salmon, chicken, eggs, nothing fancy. No breads, in fact, my diet is gluten-free not out of neccessity but out of choice. Because my diet is gluten-free it is also extremely low carb but high in protein.

This brings up the question of alcohol to anyone who knows a fair amount about nutrition. Obviously when I get out of this place I'm gonna want a few drinks. Blogger Tim Ferriss suggested tequila with no mixers as a gluten-free alcoholic beverage. Are there any other alcohols out there that would be allowable under this type of diet? What are some good tequilas besides Patron? I'm pretty sure that Jose Cuervo is liquified giraffe anus with a dash of orangutan butt.

(When I say "diet" I don't mean diet in like a South Beach or Weight Watchers sense, I simply mean that paleo-dieting is a lifestyle choice like vegetarian or vegan is a lifestyle choice.)
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Vodka is the purest of all the spirits, it's distilled a number of times. Scotch and Whiskeys aren't too bad either, they derive from barley, but the grain is malted first, which extracts the sugars from the protein (gluten) and other insoluble product. The sugar water is known as "worts" and is then fermented. Ultimately there should be little gluten in the final product, if any.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    My wife, a registered dietian, came up with Sake off the top of her head (since its made from rice). And really probably most liquors.

You'd want to avoid beer. . . . but why?

Unless you have celiac disease . . . . . Nothing wrong with glutton. People have been eating it for thousands of years.

Top Bottom