Venture Surplus ad

Outdated/Useless Gun stuff of Yesteryear..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Remember that hot gun accessory from way back when that everyone had to have? What was it and why is not relevant anymore?

For me it was 2008 when I was in Iraq and the GPS Grip Pod was all the rage. You weren't a cool guy if you didn't have a big honking forward grip that had a push button deployable Bipod. I thought they were pretty cool then. Now it's just a memory of outdated crap we would put on our rifles. It's heavy and big and would get hung up on everything. Occasionally if you didn't get it locked in all the way it would spontaneously deploy.

So what outdated accessories do you have from past times?
    20240331_082824.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Quad rail handguards on everything. I put them on all my ARs and AKs but only put on the vertical fore grip. No other accessory was needed so I would have been fine with the newer style handguards where you can add the rail sections you need.

Vertical fore grip on everything. It's just the way I prefer to shoot any AR or AK even my MP15-22.

Iron sights. I don't have any kind of optic on my rifles but I'm thinking about a red dot or LPVO for my AR. Just haven't decided what to get.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What they were originally
    And what they morphed into are 2 different things.
    When Colt was tryin to get a government contract for their IAR they were marketed with the Grip Pod.
    th-1272396202.jpeg

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Quad rail handguards on everything. I put them on all my ARs and AKs but only put on the vertical fore grip. No other accessory was needed so I would have been fine with the newer style handguards where you can add the rail sections you need.

Vertical fore grip on everything. It's just the way I prefer to shoot any AR or AK even my MP15-22.

Iron sights. I don't have any kind of optic on my rifles but I'm thinking about a red dot or LPVO for my AR. Just haven't decided what to get.

I love quad rails. Much more foolproof than mlok or keymod. Much stronger, and no worries about gas blocks or other protrusions contacting the handguard. They also do a bit better handling heat

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    B.A.D. lever.

Magpul-B.jpg

Arms sir/vltor cas v

download (41).jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpg

The vltor is a fantastic handguard, and is one of my favorites, but their time has passed. I really need to get off my ass and get a FNV marksman carbine build going.

Top Bottom