• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    So far I have paid $100.00 to schedule my CHL Class, $10.00 to schedule my fingerprints, another $70 to the DPS for application. Now for my "Packet" all I need is "Passport Photos." Can we get some clarification on where to get these? Is the mail man suppose to take my picture or am I suppose to do it myself? The passport is another $20.00 so now we are looking at $200 total and that doesn't include gas money to drive to all these places, copies of everything, etc. I am starting to seriously regret doing this.
    Venture Surplus ad

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Walgreens , fedex store , UPS Store . i think they all do them for around 8 - 10 bucks. no need to go to post office or get a passport.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So far I have paid $100.00 to schedule my CHL Class, $10.00 to schedule my fingerprints, another $70 to the DPS for application. Now for my "Packet" all I need is "Passport Photos." Can we get some clarification on where to get these? Is the mail man suppose to take my picture or am I suppose to do it myself? The passport is another $20.00 so now we are looking at $200 total and that doesn't include gas money to drive to all these places, copies of everything, etc. I am starting to seriously regret doing this.

Hey, at least you got a reduced fee for the license. ;)

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    wal mart in the supperstores do it in the photo dept...... some of us took the class where they do it all at one time for a flat rate.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My photo & prints were taken at the CHL class & included in the price....

ETA: Just saw that BSG already stated something similar.

TexasKaren68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Cibolo
    I got mine (for my passport) at FedEx Office. Before that, I got some at AAA. For my CHL, they provided the photos where I took the class.

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    If you take your class thru Central Texas Gun Works, they take your photos ANNNND even mail in your packet the next day if youve done all your pre-class homework so to speak....

@Longshot....if $200 for the rights to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights and carry a firearm is making you regret it all, perhaps your mind is not ready to take on the responsibility?

Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    If you take your class thru Central Texas Gun Works, they take your photos ANNNND even mail in your packet the next day if youve done all your pre-class homework so to speak....

@Longshot....if $200 for the rights to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights and carry a firearm is making you regret it all, perhaps your mind is not ready to take on the responsibility?

I am all set-up, did the pre-class homework. If the 2nd Amendment is a "right" why do I have to pay for it?

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Long shot....Im not going to battle with you over this and black men voting rights...you CAN and SHOULD exercise your 2nd amendment rights NOW, without a license....the $200 regret is so you may possess a License to do so in more public places and show the State of Texas you are willing to be held at a higher standard, thats all... I hope you enjoy your class, truly, I do...let us know how it goes...

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Hindsight is 20/20, but with a little research, you would have found that many instructors include photos in the price of the class. We do. As mentioned, you can get them at Walgreens, CVS, etc. If you have a half-decent printer and photo paper, you can even print them yourself. The "Photo Holder" form lists the specifications for the photo. Be sure you use a white background.

I'm disappointed that we can't do prints any longer. Until the announcement that they were phasing out ink prints, we rarely had prints rejected. On the other hand, I'm able to dedicate more class time to relevant content and my back doesn't hurt half as bad when I get home.

I know it's a pain, but don't let $20 make the difference between carrying and not carrying. Think of it in terms of the value of your life, or the lives of your family. You can't put a price on that.

Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    I hope you enjoy your class, truly, I do...let us know how it goes...

My apologies about the rant a few months ago I guess it was the holidays and I was a little stressed out. Anyways, I showed up early for the class today and I took eight pages of notes, wrote down everything on the PowerPoint so that I would remember it better. I can refer to it later if I forget or am not sure about something.
    I got a 98% on the written and missed the question about letting a friend drive your car if your drunk with a gun or something like that. I got a 215 score on my shooting. I also asked for advice on how I can improve my score and the other shooters were polite and very patient/helpful. I take this responsibility very seriously and I will try my hardest to make sure I am educated and responsible citizen. :patriot:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My apologies about the rant a few months ago I guess it was the holidays and I was a little stressed out. Anyways, I showed up early for the class today and I took eight pages of notes, wrote down everything on the PowerPoint so that I would remember it better. I can refer to it later if I forget or am not sure about something.
    I got a 98% on the written and missed the question about letting a friend drive your car if your drunk with a gun or something like that. I got a 215 score on my shooting. I also asked for advice on how I can improve my score and the other shooters were polite and very patient/helpful. I take this responsibility very seriously and I will try my hardest to make sure I am educated and responsible citizen. :patriot:

Question 47 is a poorly worded question. Just as an FYI for any future test you might take, in a true/false question, if any part of the question is false then the answer is false.

Congrats on doing the class.

Top Bottom