Photos show bullet damage to plane

300shooter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see a small hole in a Plane will not cause a major sucking out of crew or passengers.

the Myth busters proofed that .

I am glad it was a minor thing, but I hope this doesn't send the wrong message about Pilots and guns

Texas1911

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"It's a top-of-the-line model," Scott said. "They're accurate and highly reliable. This is not something that you would just walk into a gun store and buy. And it's also not something that goes off by itself. ... Someone would have to squeeze the trigger."

So-called expert said that, lol.

It's a USP40 full size. There's nothing fancy about it, and just about every major gun store will have one.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"It's a top-of-the-line model," Scott said. "They're accurate and highly reliable. This is not something that you would just walk into a gun store and buy. And it's also not something that goes off by itself. ... Someone would have to squeeze the trigger."

So-called expert said that, lol.

It's a USP40 full size. There's nothing fancy about it, and just about every major gun store will have one.

I can read that statement two ways. The first is the (obviously false) assertion that the H&K USP is not available to the general public. The second is reinforcing that it's not some cheap gun prone to just "going off" on its own.

JKTex

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That comment caught my eye also. My 1st thought was that he was an "expert" speaking on behalf of the airline with one goal; damage control.

I didn't read that it wasn't available to the public, although I 2nd guessed it and jumped on line to see if they were in some way more difficult to find. Nope, so I guess at some level, I wondered if that's what he meant.

I tend to see it more as idleprocess does.

I take away that it's not something the average person will just run out and buy on a whim. I don't know the stats for gun sales, but I'd bet that the average cost of handguns sold is pretty low; lower end guns < $500. Or maybe he's trying to distinguish that it's something special, that take time and research and an extra effort to buy because of cost. Non-gun owners probably have no idea decent hand guns cost $500 to $1000 to start, and you know that's who they are singing to. Gun owners "will" just pick one up if the mood hits them. We're sick people that way. :D

I'd be interested to know exactly what happened. I'd bet it was something stupid that will be a career ender.... But I understand their training is pretty extensive. I know a Delta pilot who went through it and now carries, but he's ex-military too. He also admitted that the main reason he did it was to pass security checks as holding a Federal license, he gets special treatment and walks right around. ;)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As far as I'm aware, from what I remember of a gun mag article I read awhile back I believe standard federal air marshal issued guns are USP .40 compacts with the LEM trigger (DAO). Here's what I don't get, the guy shouldn't have been "fiddling" around with his sidearm. Obviously guns don't go off by themselves so it's the marshall's fault without a doubt.