• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Bought a Century Arms imported Turkish MKE AP5-P, clone of the HK SP5K PDW/MP5K. Had higher hopes for the fit and finish as people have bragged they are made on HK licensed tooling and are as close as you can get to an an actual HK, without paying HK prices. Based on my example, I would say that’s false.

The same issues MKE has had for years that I had seen online, are still present. Makes me appreciate brick and mortar stores even more (although none of dozen plus stores I went to had any AP5-P’s in stock). It’s definitely good to be able to look over a firearm first.

Any other MKE owners out there? Be it Zenith or now Century? Did you get a nice one, or more a surplus seconds one? MKE does make Government contracted firearms.

Did this video going over my pistol from MKE, made in Turkey.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Curious, taking your previous remarks into account, that you bought the AP5. It seems your mind was already made up that it was a POS....and now you're here to confirm your bias. The MKE's are made on HK tooling to 1970's spec. I currently own a full size AP5. I had a blown primer gum up the works but besides that freak occurrence it has been excellent.

edited for brevity and context.

Last edited:

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    $1000 gun isn't as nice as the $3000 gun? I can believe that.

I had to get HK magazines and HK ejector, but otherwise MKE goes bang.

My browser quit letting me see your videos, which stinks as I enjoy your content. I appreciate the time and effort it takes.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Curious, taking your previous remarks into account, that you bought the AP5. It seems your mind was already made up that it was a POS....and now you're here to confirm your bias. The MKE's are made on HK tooling to 1970's spec. I currently own a full size AP5. I had a blown primer gum up the works but besides that freak occurrence it has been excellent.

edited for brevity and context.
    I was open minded. I actually wanted to get the MKE a while back, but saw the Zenith (who used to import the MKE) was on sale for $1,200, and figured I would get it, thinking it would be worse, but it impressed me for fit and finish.

I went over the MKE when I picked it up, and did a teardown before the video. I always heard MKE was as close to an HK as you could get, prior to the HK SP being imported. I have seen bad MKE’s in the past. If you think I got a good one, I guess that’s based on your experience. I own hundreds of firearms and call balls and strikes I feel. This MKE was a strike based on my assessment of firearms, including as a Police Officer using HK MP5’s and owning other clones.

After seeing it, I decided it was like surplus seconds, being off loaded to America vs filling a Government contract.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    $1000 gun isn't as nice as the $3000 gun? I can believe that.

I had to get HK magazines and HK ejector, but otherwise MKE goes bang.

My browser quit letting me see your videos, which stinks as I enjoy your content. I appreciate the time and effort it takes.

I do think my USA Made Zenith for $1,200 is close to as good as my HK. But the Century MKE for $1,100 is cheap for fit/finish.

Thanks for the support, I did start a YouTube channel to see how it plays out and if I get strikes or canceled for dissembling and other stuff.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Fullsize AP5 here. Idk the exact round count. Probably close to 9-10k if i had to guess.

20240129_135832.jpg

I had a case head failure due to crappy ammo at one point. I replaced the extractor and extractor spring and it's back to 100%.

Currently it has an aimpoint h2 but i don't have a picture handy

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I have a full size that’s ran perfectly with no malfunctions, 90% of that being suppressed.

I have a P that had issues until I swapped the extractor, ejector lever, and extractor spring with HK made replacements. I also shoot this gun mostly suppressed and it runs fine now with no further malfunctions since I replaced the aforementioned parts.

Top Bottom