• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I purchased this in November of 2022, FINALLY, yesterday I had a chance to take this out and give it a run. For a budget SA revolver, it is surprisingly beer can accurate. While the front sight does have a slant cant to the left it does not really have any effect with accuracy. This particular revolver requires a "fine" sight picture using the "U" notch rear sight and nearly the very top of the front sight. Within 3 rounds I was able to hit my target with no issue, the initial distance was 30 yards, with follow-up shots changing as the can changed locations with nearly every round fired. I did miss a few, but 12 holes in 3 cans out of a total of 18 rounds and several near misses coming in slightly under the target. All in all, I will call this a winner. I would feel comfortable with this in the woods for revolver hunting use on feral hogs, paired up with a 357 Magnum lever gun and you are GTG.

Colt King Cobra I purchased this in March 2023, and it too finally saw a little action. For myself, this would have to be a close-quarters use weapon. I tried at the same distance as the Pietta, I really sucked with this one. I did not fire many rounds, 12 actually. I forgot to bring more ammo as I was getting ready. It may be better in my hands with 38 specials.

Both were fired using Fiocchi Defense Dynamics 158 GR JHP, there was a noticeable difference in recoil between the two. Before firing either one, I thought the plastic grips of the Pietta were going to be terrible, actually, they are not, the extra barrel length may help also.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Gordo

Well-Known
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    sign-postpics.gif

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    A good SA revolver is hard to beat for a woods gun.

I still take the Colt Singles out from time to time. Lots of fun!

Thanks for posting!

Pretty sure I have a Great Western II. I’ll have to check and see if it was made by Pietta.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    A good SA revolver is hard to beat for a woods gun.

I still take the Colt Singles out from time to time. Lots of fun!

Thanks for posting!

Pretty sure I have a Great Western II. I’ll have to check and see if it was made by Pietta.
    It IS a Pietta. A 3” beauty in .357 with case-hardened receiver. Smooth as silk!
    Thanks for reminding me.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I used two of the Pietta's in SASS when I was active back in Virginia/Maryland. I liked them a lot but alas health got the best of me and they went to Blackjack's guns in Austin for resale. You can't go wrong with a Pietta. Accurate enough for cowboy shooting and pretty fast handling. Had the rear notch slightly opened up to get a faster sight picture. I put Wolffe springs in them and new Belt Mountain base pins so they wouldn't shoot loose during competition. They ran for years with no problems. You'll like it!

Top Bottom