• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    What division are you wanting to shoot in? All the Para 14.45 guns are .45 ACP caliber. If you want a 9mm, then you have to look at the 18.9 guns.

If you are looking for a 1911-style gun, Para used to make a 18.9 model using their LDA action, which is double action only so should be legal for SSP.

Para also currently make the 18.9 Limited in traditional single action that should be legal in ESP. If I was looking for a 1911 for ESP, my first choice would be the single-stack STI Spartan in 9mm using the Wilson Combat 10-round mags. STI International - The STI

But that's just speculation since I'm actually using a Glock 34 for SSP, and will eventually make a couple changes and move to ESP.

Good luck!
    -Randy

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I'm currently running a PT1911 in CDP, XDm40 (downloaded to 140 PF) in ESP, sometimes a Spartan 9mm in ESP, and getting an M&P 9 Pro for SSP. What gun you get depends on what division you want to classify in and what you shoot the best. Good luck in finding the one that fits your needs.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Glock 34 FTW:

I've been debabting for two years now on whether or not to start doing the IDPA thing and this video really gets me itchin'. Was the video shot in TX and is that you SC-Texas? I've never taken the chance to actually see what types of drills (for lack of a better discription) the IDPA does.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    It's a lot of fun to do..It's a game, so remember that.. I am getting an XDm9 just for IDPA, well, and cause I want one LOL..

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Dunno...I dont see the Cigar, so I can't be sure.

Yeah that's him at like 2:50.

You should check this site out.

http://www.ccidpa.org/

Its local to us. I have been considering dropping by during a course of fire to check it out.

We should set up a time to car pool or at least meet up to check it out. I keep saying I'm going to do it, but life manages to get in the way.

Top Bottom