• ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    What is it Mike?
    ETA: Did a search and couldn't find anything.

Looks to be a small, portable battery jump starter. I had one of the larger ones, and it worked, but the battery didn't last as long as I thought it should have. No experience with the small ones though.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    I have several (assuming we are talking about batteries for charging usb devices). They are great to have to provide additional run time on tablets or phones.

I would buy the most mah for the cheapest possible. I have 3 10000mah. Brands don't matter because they are all made in China. If you are interested, you can buy the components and solder up your own.

kacktus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    I bought one of the first ones out. It works. it will jump start a car and charge almost every device out there.

The only issue i had was the cable got extremely hot and melted. My mac tool guy gave me a set of updated cables and havent had an issue since.

They are being massed produced now so check reveiws and you shouldnt have a issue

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I bought one of the first ones out. It works. it will jump start a car and charge almost every device out there.

The only issue i had was the cable got extremely hot and melted. My mac tool guy gave me a set of updated cables and have had an issue since.

They are being massed produced now so check reveiws and you shouldnt have a issue

I've been wondering myself if they work. That's pretty Damn neat.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This sorta thing..

http://www.tooltopia.com/rockford-p...scplp7931804&gclid=CICvi8qw4scCFQkFaQodCG8DUA

"Motorweek" tells me that jumper cables are now old fashioned & dangerous, and that these things will charge yer 'phone & laptop too,.....maybe even walk the dog!

Yeah, I saw Pat Goss saying that in that episode as well. I won't be giving up my jumper cables anytime soon, they've done the trick for decades and will continue to do so despite these new chargers...

Burke

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Azle
    There was a guy selling them at the gun show in Ft Worth... they said they removed the batteries completely from a later model (07ish) Powerstroke and used one of these deals to start it 40 some times

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I own an Antigravity branded micro start pack. I bought it when they first came out almost 2 years ago. Back then it cost me a buck fifty. Overall, it was a reliable jump starter for almost a year.

As a professional mechanic, mine did see pretty regular use. Then one day while cranking an expedition, the pack swelled up and seemed to go dead. I plugged it in to the charger and it came back to life and kept working.

Since I had bought it off a tool truck(cornwell tools), they warrantied it for me for the battery swelling. A year later and my second one did the same thing while just sitting in my truck on a hot day. It does still work but they are better suited for high short bursts of amperage and not slow sustained draws.

They generally suck for things like charging a laptop but do well to start a car. If you buy one, it will last longer being topped up regularly and kept indoors.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Dave, personally I haven't seen the mini air compressors last very long. I'd see how much one cost without the compressor. If the compressor last as long as the battery side....Then yeah, I'd get it.

Yeah, I don't care about that cheesy compressor. You can buy the power pack without it for 69 bucks. I had no idea a device that small could jump a car. I'm impressed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yeah, I don't care about that cheesy compressor. You can buy the power pack without it for 69 bucks. I had no idea a device that small could jump a car. I'm impressed.

If you inspect your spare you wouldn't need it. Unless you carried a plug kit to include a spray bottle full of soap water. 5-6 lug nuts is easier.

Top Bottom