DK Firearms

Post 9/11 GI Bill

Clockwork

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself enlisted in Maryland, but I have troops that enlisted in Texas. Anyone know a good place to read about the Hazelwood Act so I can put more tools in my NCO toolbox? :)
Guns International

just jk

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you're welcome - the big thing is that the university has to be state funded - and normally the person that works in the office that handles these are the best sources of info

getting the letter from the VA was actually the toughest part

Clockwork

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get the word out to workcenter supervisors and my First Sergeant so that people can brief their troops about it. It's good info to have.

just jk

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a great deal and i dont think its a program thats widely publicized ....i kind of stumbled on to the program

Zombie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hazelwood act is actually a required ETS briefing you must recieve now. It's part of the "education briefing" through ACAP.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The only catch is you gotta use it before 10 years passes after you get out.
Yep, those ten years go by quicker than you'd think :( It'll be ten years since I got out next year. I started a degree but never finished it. Guess it's too late now.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You know sometimes its all about perspective. Isn't this technically a handout or entitlement? Normally I'd be so against it. In this case...I say right on. I must be a flip flopper.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It's not a hand out, it's a term of an employment contract. Like a bonus schedule would be in the private sector.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Plus we had to pay for it in cash as well as time. We pay in they invest the money then those of us that use it get paid out of the returns.