• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    as a mechanic for several decades at least once a week and sometimes several times a week i got asked about practical upgrades to vehicles and the answers depended on many variables vehicle type what environment tand conditions the vehicle operated in, level and skill of the driver.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    as a mechanic for several decades at least once a week and sometimes several times a week i got asked about practical upgrades to vehicles and the answers depended on many variables vehicle type what environment tand conditions the vehicle operated in, level and skill of the driver.
    So what's the point of this thread? To tell us that you don't have any general practical upgrades for vehicles? Or are you wanting to help if we give you vehicle information?

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Stickers!
    Even if they are not automotive stickers, they are good for more power, better braking, and more mileage!

1689195028757.jpeg

They also prevent door dings, and makes your car easier to find in a large parking lot.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I put this tuner on my pickup. I am using the economy tune.
    That's it for the upgrades on my vehicle.

View attachment 395817
    a lot of people had misconceptions about tuners that they would wipe ot the factory tune or void the warranty both are false they actually store the factory parameters to void the warranty an aftermarket item has to be proven that it caused a failure! trust me after working in several vehicle dealerships and countless indepeendent repair shops that's a tall hurdle to get over!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Put a tuner in my Dodge dually diesel. Matched it with a Highflow intake and exhaust. The Dealership had no problems with it.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    a lot of people had misconceptions about tuners that they would wipe ot the factory tune or void the warranty both are false they actually store the factory parameters to void the warranty an aftermarket item has to be proven that it caused a failure! trust me after working in several vehicle dealerships and countless indepeendent repair shops that's a tall hurdle to get over!
    Mine saves the original ECM data file and has an option to restore it back and remove the custom tune.
    I was the service manager for a large commercial truck dealership. The aftermarket tuners are do nothing different that the OEM upgraded data files that the engine manufactures offer.

As long as you don't bump the HP and torque beyond what the drive train components can handle, there is no problem with doing it.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    1) The very first thing I do to this day is remove the dealer stickers and license plate frame from any car I buy. If I’m expected to advertise for them, then they need to pay me.
    2) Window tint is a must.
    3) Spare full size tire to keep on hand. It’s just so much easier dropping off the tire to get fixed than it is to take the truck there and wait, or have someone pick me up then take me back. I *hate* crawling under the truck to drop the spare, and getting the spare tire tire/jack rearranged back in the Camry or wifes CX9 is such a pita that it’s worth the expense to me.
    4) There’s a hack to allow the seat back for the second row in an F150 crew cab to fold down which allows extra storage along the back wall of the cab. 8” of picture hanging wire + 15 minutes of time
    5) My truck has vertical indentions in the bed walls just behind the wheel wells. I installed a 2x10 plank in those slots because the bedside are so damn tall on trucks today, that you damn near need to crawl into the truck bed to retrieve anything. This way, i drop the tailgate and everything is within arms reach. I installed 6 or 7 D hooks along the plank so I can tie off gas cans or anything else I don’t want moving around.
    6) lock box

Last edited:
    Top Bottom