• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Not enough people pay attention to what the school board is up to, or participate in elections. Even if you don't have kids in public school, it's still important to get involved and vote, especially for things like bond elections where your school tax dollars will be affected. Area property owners need to be vigilant; a poorly-run district is not only bad for kids, it's also bad for property values. You're gonna have to pay either way, so you might as well have a say in the process.
    Hurley's Gold

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Pastor said this regarding our culture and I thought it applied to schools as well.

Regarding culture..."we are called to embrace it, change it or abandon it."

If it's immoral we can't embrace it, so we should try to change it, if it cannot be changed, at some point we have to abandon it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    As someone on the inside of a public school building, I wish parents would stop blaming me and my colleagues for their kids' lack of perseverance and morals, and do the hard work of family building long before they make it to my door.

There are certainly things we teachers can improve upon, but the door swings both ways.
    From what I've seen, teachers are just as much a victim of the system as the kids are. Seems like good teachers have the passion choked out of them early on and mediocrity is rewarded.

If I could do it all over again, I'd find a way to home school my daughter. I wouldn't have a career, but at least she would have been better off.

I have somewhat of a unique perspective because I have attended schools in the north and the south and have found there to be MASSIVE differences in education quality.
    I blame reconstruction ;)

Top Bottom