• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I just realized that I will be outside in the dark, cooking on Easter morning. Does anyone have a recommendation on a rabbit gun. I figure that anything that can lay a plastic wrapped candy egg, a chocolate egg, or multi colored eggs has got to be some kinda mutant. I am thinking, 12 ga, 1911, and 375 H&H. 375 might be a little heavy, but if you have ever seen the movie Night of The Lepus, you won't think so.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Hurley's Gold

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    over in the fairfield area we do not use rifles for rabbits. we just dig a four foot deep hole and put a pea next to it. When the rabbit comes to eat it we kick him in the pea hole.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I have an old stevens modle 39 410 bolt action shotgun. It was my Great Grandfathers, family legend has it bought in the 1930's.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    I don't see any point in me going Easter Egg Hunting today.
    They are easy to find, they don't move real fast, but after you shoot them, there's hardly anything left to bring home to eat.
    I don't think my license to hunt them is up to date anyway ...

I'd think you want incindiary bullets for mutant rabbits; so they are already partly cooked when you retrieve them.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I only saw one of the little bastiges this am under the vapor light, but I didn't pop him because he was aways from my freshly planted garden.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I always carried a flame thrower, that way I could cook him at the same time... though be careful, if you see the male and he is laying eggs it may be something completely different..... And in that instance I would go back in side and have another drink. That way the pink elephant I drink with would be able to come out and stomp him.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    20_Elmer_Fudd2..jpg

Top Bottom