• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Hey all, currently using a 4-pistol GPS backpack. It works OK, but I feel like there's a lot of wasted space, or a lot of the space is too specific.
    It's not uncommon for me carry more than 4 pistols to the range, especially when I'm with my kids.

Needs to hold 4+ pistols, mags, ears/eyes, small targets, tools/cleaning

For some reason I'm having a hard time finding something that fits the bill.
    Venture Surplus ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a Filson Medium Duffle that I bought as a carry on bag. It started doubling as a rang bag. I was going to Reno for SCI convention when the explosives sniffer at the airport went ape shit. I was kind of laughing when after explaining what I use it for TSA emptied it out & swabbed everything down.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I use individual pistol rugs for each pistol.
    Mags are kept in the specific pistol rug at all times, so no searching for mags when time to go.
    Have a small bag for ammo, and necessities.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I've got this one, a buddy has the same thing, we went to the range...I was beyond impressed with all of the functionality, storage etc...so I bought one too!

RANGE READY™ BAG 43L

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I have a Filson Medium Duffle that I bought as a carry on bag. It started doubling as a rang bag. I was going to Reno for SCI convention when the explosives sniffer at the airport went ape shit. I was kind of laughing when after explaining what I use it for TSA emptied it out & swabbed everything down.

I used to run into the same problem when I flew.

Hope to never step on a plane again.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    1705522337947.png

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I used to run into the same problem when I flew.

Hope to never step on a plane again.
    My very last plane ride was when I had to fly home for my fathers funeral. TSA acting like fools because of someone grieving did it for me. Getting on people for the size of the tooth paste and trying to act all superior over you. Talk about racial profiling!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    It's not uncommon for me carry more than 4 pistols to the range, especially when I'm with my kids.
    First thing you need to learn, is that God gave us kids so they could carry our range bags.
    Primary arms has great range bags, and so does Galati international.
    I have a couple of Galati's that are about 35 years old.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I actually flew from SAN to ABQ with a loaded mag in my backpack. I had ZERO idea.
    They found it flying back, confiscated the ammo, told me I could "check in" the mag (I was already late).

I did get a warning from TSA that said next offense would be a $1500 fine.

Funny thing is when TSA found it, i was like "there it is!!!" i had been looking for it for months. They called APD over, he looks at it, looks at me and says "XDs?" and walks away.
    I use individual pistol rugs for each pistol.
    Mags are kept in the specific pistol rug at all times, so no searching for mags when time to go.
    Have a small bag for ammo, and necessities.
    This is more than likely the route I'll go.
    I've got this one, a buddy has the same thing, we went to the range...I was beyond impressed with all of the functionality, storage etc...so I bought one too!

RANGE READY™ BAG 43L

So this appears to be identical to the Midway Competition bag for $60, and the insert is $30. Tax and shipping inflate it to like a gazillion. Probably the best option right now.
    My very last plane ride was when I had to fly home for my fathers funeral. TSA acting like fools because of someone grieving did it for me. Getting on people for the size of the tooth paste and trying to act all superior over you. Talk about racial profiling!
    I don't know how to ask this "appropriately" but what race/ethnicity are you?
    I'm filipino if that softens the question any ‍♂️♂️

ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX
    I use this range bag (I paid $25 in 2020, now it is $52). Great bag, but I use it for ammo, hearing protection,and targets.

1705593708617.png

I carry a separate hard case for my pistols and have upgraded the foam to harder closed cell foam, but I recommend getting a case with the upgraded foam all at once (cheaper in the long run).:

1705594104847.png

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics