• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Rimmed cartridges only? Asking for a friend.

Loaded up a pile of .357 mags while my wife hosted a bridal shower.
    If you're asking if the range allows semi-autos, or brass scattered on the ground - yes and I recall that they have brooms available to sweep away the brass.
    Hurley's Gold

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I was a member of Lonestar from 2022-2023. I liked it, but didn't renew because I did not enjoy shooting outdoors in the heat for most of the year. I've been taking it indoors lately, which has its own things not to like.

What I liked about Lonestar is there is no oppressive range master. Staff seems to watch from afar. Since the targets are several rows of steel gongs along the length of the long pistol line, the line was rarely stopped for things like checking or changing targets. The downside is you may not know exactly where you hit the gong but can estimate based on how it swings. I would go in the morning when it was cool, and might not have a neighbor for five or six stalls. This made it easy to pick up brass if I wanted to. You had overhead cover for the sun, but light came in from behind to help illuminate your sights for contrast with your targets. At the store, I also liked their bargain bin box and large morale patch wall. I never shot at the rifle side, and the specialty ranges have an upcharge.

Wish I could go--its nice and cool--but I signed up to help with breakfast at a neighborhood social event.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I was a member of Lonestar from 2022-2023. I liked it, but didn't renew because I did not enjoy shooting outdoors in the heat for most of the year. I've been taking it indoors lately, which has its own things not to like.

What I liked about Lonestar is there is no oppressive range master. Staff seems to watch from afar. Since the targets are several rows of steel gongs along the length of the long pistol line, the line was rarely stopped for things like checking or changing targets. The downside is you may not know exactly where you hit the gong but can estimate based on how it swings. I would go in the morning when it was cool, and might not have a neighbor for five or six stalls. This made it easy to pick up brass if I wanted to. You had overhead cover for the sun, but light came in from behind to help illuminate your sights for contrast with your targets. At the store, I also liked their bargain bin box and large morale patch wall. I never shot at the rifle side, and the specialty ranges have an upcharge.

Wish I could go--its nice and cool--but I signed up to help with breakfast at a neighborhood social event.

Agreed.
    I've never had an issue with the RSO's there.
    I have had one shoot my cowboy guns every time I go. Ha!
    Fingers crossed the weather stays nice.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Somewhere off to the right of that is a place you can sight stuff in, but I really don't know anything about it.
    The sight in area has 1) 15 yard, about 4) 25 yard, 6) 50 yard, and 6) 100 yard.

Down side, damn school lunch room metal chairs are too damn low, by about 4".
    I bring a shooting stool.
    Could also bring s booster cushion.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The sight in area has 1) 15 yard, about 4) 25 yard, 6) 50 yard, and 6) 100 yard.

Down side, damn school lunch room metal chairs are too damn low, by about 4".
    I bring a shooting stool.
    Could also bring s booster cushion.
    Thanks for the info - might bring a rifle I need to zero.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I imagine it's no bueno - but are pistol caliber carbines allowed on the pistol range?

Pistol Bays​

50 covered shooting stalls for all pistol caliber firearms and shotguns. Reactive steel targets at 15 and 30 yds.
    No rifle caliber handguns allowed on the pistol side. Shotguns with birdshot only.

If you need more specifics: https://www.lonestarhandgun.com/range/

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Dang. I’m out, fellas. I was just advised I had plans Saturday night.
    Well poop. I was looking forward to seeing you again - it's been a long time. I'm thinking I'll just bring along some BP stuff, just 'cause. Probably bringing a Hi-Power, an EMP (Thanks @Hoji ), GP100, and ..... For rifles, probably my Howa 6.5 Grendel mini-action and a Rossi 92.

Anybody who's coming - throw your wish list out there about stuff you want to shoot. You never know...

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Well guys, looks like it will be rain...

TOMORROW​

Feb 10
    Scattered Showers & Storms
    Scattered Showers & Storms
    68°

55°
    60%

Top Bottom